Pre-Conference Workshop Friday Schedule
We will be hosting a pre-conference workshop for writing center directors, coordinators,
and staff on Friday, April 5, 1:00 to 5:00 P.M. This workshop will include interactive presentations about working with multilingual
learners and students with disabilities. We will be meeting in Engineering Building 285/287. (See the map below for location details.)
We will be serving the following food and drinks at this afternoon workshop (from Spartan Eats):
- Cheese and vegetable display
- Hummus trio
- Cupcakes (vanilla and chocolate)
- Fudge brownies
- Tea and coffee (regular and decaf)
- Bottled water
NCWCA Conference Saturday Schedule
The 2019 NCWCA Conference will be held on Saturday, April 6, 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (See the map below for location details.)
- Registration and Breakfast (8:00-9:00, Hammer Theatre)
- Keynote with Dr. Rebecca Day Babcock (9:00-10:00, Hammer Theatre)
- Concurrent Sessions (6 per time period, Clark Hall) (10:30-11:30, 11:45-12:45)
- Lunch (1:00-2:00, Flames Restaurant)
- Concurrent Sessions (6 per time period, Clark Hall) (2:30-3:30, 3:45-4:45, 5:00-6:00)
Please note that all presentation rooms are equipped with screens and projectors, but you will have to bring your own laptops/tablets.
Click the blue button below to view a PDF version of the conference program.
Saturday Lunch Location and Menu
Your conference registration includes a full lunch; we will be eating at Flames Restaurant, which is right across the street from campus. Our buffet menu includes many options as outlined below.
- Bread and butter
- Mista Salad: Mixed greens, bleu cheese crumbles, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and vinaigrette (walnuts and bleu cheese crumbles will be served on the side)
- Chicken Bellini: Boneless chicken breast sauteed with asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, and peas in a butter-wine-lemon and garlic sauce
- Portobello Mushroom Ravioli: Served in a mushroom cream sauce
- Fresh Pacific Salmon: With lemon butter dill sauce, shrimp capers, and chives
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted vegetables
- Burnt almond cake
We will have bottled water available throughout the day in Clark Hall. In the afternoon
(after lunch), we will also have tea, coffee, and cookies available in Clark Hall
100H (located next to the main entrance to the building).
Campus Maps & Parking
Pre-Conference Workshop Campus Map (Friday, April 5)
NCWCA Conference Campus Map (Saturday, April 6)
If you're driving to campus, we recommend parking in the North Parking Garage on Friday
and the West Parking Garage on Saturday. The cost for a Friday visitor permit is $8.00; the cost for a Saturday visitor permit
is $5.00. (More information about on-campus visitor parking at SJSU can be found on
the Parking Services website.) If you're staying at one of our recommended downtown hotels, the SJSU campus
is within walking distance of many of them.
Sponsors & Book Raffle
We will be hosting a book raffle at the 2019 NCWCA Conference, which is generously supported by the following publishers who donated books and discount flyers. Dr. Rebecca Day Babcock’s work is included among the raffled books. Enter the raffle at breakfast on Saturday (in the Hammer Theatre Lobby) and during the morning presentations (in Clark Hall 100H). Raffle winners will be announced at lunch.
Utah State University Press
Materials will also be available from Equinox Publishing and WLN (Writing Lab Newsletter).
Follow the SJSU Writing Center on social media for additional updates and information.
If you are using social media during the conference, please use our hashtag: #NCWCA2019.