Whether nervous or excited, there are a lot of details when starting college for the first time. To help with this transition, we offer Spring Orientation! A one-day orientation program to get you off to a great start, provide important information, and connect you to students, faculty, and staff.
All admitted students must attend Spring 2020 Orientation, and stay for the duration of the entire program, which will run for one-day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will not be able to attend SJSU in Spring 2020.
2020 Spring Orientation Date
- Friday, January 17, 2020
Before Attending Spring Orientation
- Complete the Reflection on College Writing Assignment on your Canvas page
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Review your confirmation letter sent to your MySJSU portal one (1) week prior to orientation
- Print out your Next Steps Reservation Receipt
- Attend the on campus orientation!
- Complete online Title IX training courses.
What to Expect at Spring Orientation
- Discussion and explanation of key university services.
- Reviewing what’s next before you start classes.
- Help in planning your academic schedule.
- A General Education advising workshop.
- Explanation of general education requirements and preparation for the Writing Skills Test.
You will receive a confirmation letter one week prior to your session with more information and a parking permit code. Please be on the look out for this email.
Due to space constraints, parents and family members cannot be accommodated at Spring Orientation. We do encourage parents and family members to connect with us through our Parent and Family portal to stay up to date on important events such as Parent and Family Weekend. Parents and family members can sign up and connect with us through our website.