Welcome to San José State University!
New Student and Family Programs offers several programs to support new students and
their parent/families as they transition into SJSU! This website offers information regarding our Orientation programs, as well as Parent
& Family resources on how to best support your student!
Prior to attending Orientation, new students should:
- Check your email and MYSJSU messages for any important information from SJSU.
- Complete Spartan Link - an online orientation component for all incoming students
that must be completed prior to attending the on-campus orientation session.
- Access Spartan Link, please log in with your SJSU 9-digit ID number and password.
- Incoming Freshman - complete the Reflection on College Writing (RCW).
- Transfer Students - sign up to take the Writing Skills Test (WST). For more information, please visit our Testing Office website.
- Attend New Student Orientation - mandatory in-person orientation for all incoming frosh and transfer students. Your confirmation
letter can be viewed on your next steps account. More information will be sent out one (1) week prior to your session.
- After attending on-campus Orientation, revisit Spartan Link for more information and resources.
- Attend Parent/Family Weekend - invite parents and family members to our weekend event to get a glimpse of the
SJSU experience! It will be held October 5-7th. Be sure to check out our registration page for more information.
Parent and Family Orientation
We welcome Frosh parents and family members to attend the Orientation Program to learn more about SJSU and how you can play a supportive role in helping your student succeed. Parent/Family Orientation takes place concurrently with Frosh Orientation.
The deadline to register for Parent and Family Orientation has passed. If you are still interested in attending, please email us at email@example.com.