Welcome to the NUFS & PKG Department!Our website provides extensive information about our Department and our programs. We invite you to explore the links above.
- Dr. Fritz Yambrach received the top award in the DuPont International Innovative Package Design competition this year with his Fritz Water Vest (pictured below). This is very prestigious as it has an international team of judges and is very well respected in the packaging technology field. Their comments recognized Fritz Water Vest as an example of Packaging technology applied to improving people's lives. For more info about the Fritz Water Vest, visit www.FritzWaterVest.org.
ATTENTION Transfer Students: You must take the Writing Skilles Test (WST) at your current institution during your last semester. For example, if you are transfering to SJSU in Fall 2018, then you must take the WST at your current institution during Spring 2018.
- ATTENTION Masters Program Applicants: The graduate school application system, CSU Mentor, has been replaced with Cal State Apply (calstate.edu/apply) as of June 1, 2017.
- Summer student advising schedule updated.
- Curriculum scheduling update: Both NUFS 108A and NUFS 109 will be offered every semester starting Fall 2017.
- The Packaging Program typically gives over $6,000 annually in student scholarships!