Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) for MS in Nutritional Science
- To demonstrate advanced competency in professional writing and oral communication
of the essential theories, scientific applications, and/or ethical considerations
related to the profession.
- To identify and articulate social and cultural issues related to nutrition/packaging for various populations.
- To analyze and critique published research, and design and conduct research studies
using the scientific method.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) for BS in Nutritional Science (All Concentrations)
- To obtain a critical understanding and the ability to apply theoretical and scientific
knowledge from the subdisciplines in nutrition.
- To effectively communicate the essential theories, scientific applications, and ethical
considerations related to the discipline.
- To identify global, social, environmental, and/or cultural issues related to the discipline
for diverse populations.
Program Learning Objectives (PLOs) for BS in Packaging
- Assess a package’s functional properties
- Demonstrate knowledge of package material properties to meet particular physical needs.
- Describe a package production system in order to present design and develop cost comparisons
between various package configurations.
- Assess a distribution channel to identify particular stresses incurred.
- Design a package system (primary, secondary and tertiary) to contain, protect and
transport products from manufacturer to consumer.
- Develop reproducible test methodologies for evaluating particular properties in a
- Organize and assemble presentations describing package systems, operations, designs,
and cost comparisons.