The Wound & Ostomy Education Program
The Valley Foundation School of Nursing is offering the post-baccalaureate specialty education program for registered nurses to provide acute and rehabilitative needs for people with abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains and pressure ulcers. Upon completion of the program, nurses can take the Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing (WOCN) Certification Board exams in one or both specialties.
The Wound & Ostomy Education Program at The Valley Foundation School of Nursing is accredited by the Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing Society (WOCN).
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Be eligible to take the WOCNCB speciality certification exam(s).
- Utilize knowledge and skills to provide current, comprehensive, client-and-family-centered nursing practice for clients with wounds and/or ostomies across the lifespan.
- Implement clinical programs to prevent and manage skin breakdowns.
- Establish collaborative relationship with other healthcare professionals.
- Provide staff development education in a variety of clinical settings.
- Participant and collaborate in research to enhanve evidence-based practice in wound and/or ostomy nursing.
- Assume responsibility for and evaulation own professional nursing practice accorsing to the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice.
For more information, please visit the Wound and Ostomy Program website now. If you have any questions or general inquiries, please contact Cristina Marsh at 408-924-3183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or WOEPemail@example.com.