VIDEO of 70th Anniversary Keynote Address by Dr. Shawn Phipps (09/20/2013)
Hands of Change is the Alumni Association of San Jose State University Department of Occupational Therapy. Its mission is to provide a bridge between its members and the department, promote a sense of unity, and provide opportunities for networking and mentoring while acting as a resource to enhance knowledge and growth.
Purposes of the Alumni Association:
- Provide guidance and support to the members
- Serve as a resource to its members
- Provide mentoring to students of SJSU's Department of Occupational Therapy
- Visit and keep track of friends and faculty
- Promote ongoing communication with the SJSU's Department of Occupational Therapy
- Support the department
- Support curriculum revision
- Support research
- Provide recognition of significant events and people
Goals of the Alumni Association:
- To maintain an updated database
- To establish membership dues and donations
- To hold annual events (i.e. BBQ, Dinner, Lunch)
- To develop an alumni contact list
- To raise funds for scholarships to students
- To raise funds for Department upgrading
- To receive funds/support from vendors
For More Information or to Donate:
If you believe that San Jose State University and the Occupational Therapy Department contributed to, or were instrumental in your professional development and ultimate financial success, please help us now with a generous financial contribution. There is no more important time to give than now and there is no more important investment you could be making in your profession than to give back to the school and program of which you can be proud. Consider making a gift to the department in honor of our upcoming Diamond75th anniversary.
For more information, contact the Alumni Association at 408-924-3072
Alumni in the News
- Wendy Howard, CHT
- Brittney Sevo, 2010 graduate of SJSU OT program, receives Outstanding Student Award from OTAC Recognizes a member of OTAC who has made significant contributions to OT in the area(s) of scholarship, organizational activities, community service, and/or advocacy.
OUTSTANDING STUDENT AWARD:
Brittney Sevo (R) shown here with Dr. Heidi Pendleton (L)
Brittney Sevo shown here with former OTAC President (2012), Shawn Phipps.