Hands of Change is the Alumni Association of San Jose State University Department of Occupational Therapy. Its mission is to provide a bridge between its members and the department, promote a sense of unity, and provide opportunities for networking and mentoring while acting as a resource to enhance knowledge and growth.
Purposes of the Alumni Association:
- Provide guidance and support to the members
- Serve as a resource to its members
- Provide mentoring to students of SJSU's Department of Occupational Therapy
- Visit and keep track of friends and faculty
- Promote ongoing communication with the SJSU's Department of Occupational Therapy
- Support the department
- Support curriculum revision
- Support research
- Provide recognition of significant events and people
Goals of the Alumni Association:
- To maintain an updated database
- To establish membership dues and donations
- To hold Alumni Reception events at the annual OTAC Conference
- To develop an alumni contact list
- To raise funds for scholarships to students
- To raise funds for Department upgrading
- To receive funds/support from vendors
For More Information or to Donate:
If you believe that San Jose State University and the Occupational Therapy Department contributed to, or were instrumental in your professional development and ultimate financial success, please help us now with a generous financial contribution. There is no more important time to give than now and there is no more important investment you could be making in your profession than to give back to the school and program of which you can be proud. Consider making a gift to the department in honor of our upcoming Diamond75th anniversary.
The faculty, staff and students of the Department of Occupational Therapy at San Jose
State University wish to thank and recognize all of our esteemed alumni and donor
friends who gave generously during the previous year. We are grateful for your support
and commitment. Your donations directly enrich and impact our department’s innovative
programs of excellence in education, research and practice in occupational therapy.
For more information, contact the Alumni Association at 408-924-3072
Alumni in the News
- Alumna Beth Ching (BS in OT, 1985) is an Assistant Professor in the OTD program at
Samuel Merritt and will recive the Interprofessional Collaboration Award at the 2017
AOTA Annual Conference. Her award will acknoledge her skills: Making Space for Everyone
at the Table.
- A graduate from the SJSU Distance MSOT program, alumna Apple Sepulveda, received a
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Grant to work with health professionals in the Philippines.
Dr. Pamela Richardson worked with this student on her graduate project and would be
able to provide additional information about this grant.
- Cynthia Ting, 2015 graduate of SJSU OT program, receives Outstanding Student Award from OTAC.OUTSTANDING STUDENT AWARD:Recognizes a member of OTAC who has made significant contributions to OT in the area(s) of scholarship, organizational activities, community service, and/or advocacy.
Congratulations, Cynthia Ting, 2015 OTAC
Outstanding Student Awardee!
- Wendy Howard, CHT