As part of the University Police Department, we provide the following services to the campus community:
- Courtesy Motorist Assistance
- Park & Ride Courtesy Shuttle
- Safety Escort to Your Car
- Parking Enforcement
- Special Event Parking
- Student, Employee & Visitor Parking Permits
- Lot 11/Lot 13 Construction and West Garage ADA Access Ramp Completed: ADA access from the disabled parking spaces in West Garage (4th & San Carlos Sts.) and vehicular access from San Salvador St. has now been restored. Lot 11/Lot 13 is an employee parking lot and contains disabled parking spaces in addition to those already present in the West Garage. Hourly and daily parking permits for the disabled parking spaces in Lot 11/Lot 13 may be purchased from any paystation in the West Garage.
- Lot 8 Loading Zone Relocation: The yellow curb loading zone spaces on the west side of Lot 8 have been relocated and consolidated with the existing loading zone spaces on the east side of Lot 8. The yellow curb loading zone spaces allow for 20-minute parking for loading, unloading, and short errands.
- Park & Ride Lot Service Notice for Thursday 9/3/15: The Park & Ride Lot will be closed to new arrivals beginning at 3:00 pm to accommodate the Spartan Football vs. New Hampshire game. As a result, Park & Ride permits will be honored in the West Garage (4th & San Carlos Sts.) beginning at 3:00 pm. Vehicles that arrive in the Park & Ride Lot before 3:00 pm will be allowed to stay and Park & Ride Shuttle Service will drop off returning passengers on the Humboldt St. (north side) of the Park & Ride Lot.
- Student Parking Permits: All 2015-2016 Academic Year and Fall parking permits are available for purchase starting
August 1, 2015 through SJSU Parking Services Online and at the Bursar's office. Some parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking
Services offices. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
- Employee Parking Permits: Most 2015/2016 Academic Year and Fall Semester parking permits are available for purchase through SJSU Parking Services Online; Annual and new multi-year parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking Services office; Employees currently on a pre-tax payroll deduction parking plan may pick up their new annual parking permit or multi-year parking permit at the Parking Services office. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
- Park & Ride Shuttle Service resumes on Thursday, August 20 (the first day of instruction). The Park & Ride Lot will be offering free parking from 8/20/15 through 08/27/15.
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.