As part of the University Police Department, we provide the following services to the campus community:
- Courtesy Motorist Assistance
- Park & Ride Courtesy Shuttle
- Safety Escort to Your Car
- Parking Enforcement
- Special Event Parking
- Student, Employee & Visitor Parking Permits
Upcoming Parking Impacts
Parking availability will be impacted during the following dates and times:
- Beginning Friday, April 8, 2016: A new sewer line will be constructed along 7th Street Plaza in front of the South Garage between Paseo de San Carlos and San Salvador St. South Garage will remain open during the construction work. Vehicles parking in Sections 1A through 1F (e.g., Employee, Disabled, Special ‘O’, Clinic, Employee Carpool, ‘R’, ‘G’, and Vendor spaces) will be subject to an exit detour.
- 7th Street Plaza (and passenger loading/unloading zones) will be subject to intermittent access, which will be communicated through on-site construction staff and/or the posting of signs.
- Vehicles are encouraged to utilize the existing on-street white and yellow loading/unloading
zones that are located on the campus side of perimeter streets:
- Southbound 4th St
- Southbound 10th St
- Eastbound San Fernando St
- Westbound San Salvador St between 9th & 10th Sts
- When available loading/unloading zones are full, please park in the North, South, or West Garages to load/unload passengers. Do not load/unload from any parking aisleway or double-park at any time.
- Thursday, April 14, 2016 (Just In Time Job/Internship Fair): Allow additional time to travel to SJSU as higher than usual traffic volumes and congestion will occur during the event (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm). Additionally, 50 spaces on the North Garage roof will be reserved for vendors. Please note that overflow parking is always available at the Park & Ride Lot located at 1281 S. 7th St.
- Student Parking Permits: 2016 Winter session parking permits are available for purchase starting December 4, 2015 and Spring 2016 Semester parking permits are available for purchase starting December 15, 2015 through SJSU Parking Services Online and at the Bursar's office. Some parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking
Services offices. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
- Employee Parking Permits: Most 2016 Annual and Spring Semester parking permits are available for purchase starting December 15, 2015 through SJSU Parking Services Online; Annual and new multi-year parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking Services office; Employees currently on a pre-tax payroll deduction parking plan may pick up their new annual parking permit or multi-year parking permit at the Parking Services office. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.