- Purchase Permits
(Students & Employees only)
- Appeal Citations (Student & Employee only)
- Pay Citations (Students, Employee, Visitors, Vendors & Guests)
Need Login Help?
Time User Registration
(Opens new window)
- For password resets and other questions, Contact Parking Services
- Call 408-924-2222
Effective July 1, 2019, Parking Services at San Jose State University will start using virtual permits for students, MPP’s, Confidential employees, Auxiliary employees, Emeritus faculties, visitors, contractors, and vendors.
Virtual permits allow you to park in your designated area without being required to display a physical permit. The license plate registered when purchasing your parking session will become your virtual parking permit. You can register up to three vehicles on your permit. Only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time. Paid parking session is required at all times when parking on campus. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. License Plate Recognition (LPR) verifies parking session in all garages and lots. The program is intended solely to be used for management of parking facilities. For more information, please visit Virtual Permit FAQ page.
Benefits of Virtual Permits
- Eliminates the requirement to display physical permits and the need to move permits from vehicle-to vehicle
- Eliminates the need to come to the Office to pick up physical permits. No More Lines!!!
- Easy to upgrade or downgrade semester or academic virtual parking permit
- Upgraded paperless pay stations on campus located along the direct paths of travel away from each parking structure
- Returning to your vehicle to display a paper permit will no longer be necessary
- Lost or stolen permits and the associated replacement fees, police reports, and processing times will be eliminated
- Your permit is active as soon as the permit's effective date
- No more forgetting your permit or worrying about a permit being displayed improperly
- Option of adding time to your parking session remotely via the Parkmobile app
- Reduced waste in support of SJSU’s commitment to zero waste and campus sustainability:
- Reduced paper, plastic, envelopes and ink used in permit production and distribution
- Reduced waste and litter in all campus lots