Visitor Virtual Permits
- Purchase Permits
(Students & Employees only)
- Appeal Citations (Student & Employee only)
- Pay Citations (Students, Employee, Visitors, Vendors & Guests)
Need Login Help?
Time User Registration
(Opens new window)
- For password resets and other questions, Contact Parking Services
- Call 408-924-2222
Visitor Parking Availability
Effective July 1, 2019, Parking Services at San Jose State University will start using virtual permits for visitors.
When Fall Semester and Spring Semester classes are in session, on-campus visitor parking can be difficult to find during peak periods, which are generally Mondays through Thursdays, between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
Outside of peak periods, visitors may park in and purchase Virtual Single Day and Hourly permits from ParkMobile App or self-service Permit Paystations located at the following locations:
- North Garage (65 S 10th St, San Jose, CA 95192), 1st Floor by elevators.
- South Garage (377 S 7th St, San Jose, CA 95192), Section 3A, Section 4H, or walk path outside Sweeney Hall.
- West Garage (450 S 4th St, San Jose, CA 95192), section 1A and Section 3C.
Visitor virtual parking permit is valid in any General parking space not designated for any other use (such as Employee parking). Paystations accept coins, $1, $5 bills (Exact change only. Paystations do not give out change.) as well as Visa/MasterCard. See Parking Maps.
|Permit Description||Permit Prices|
(Maximum daily rate of $8)
|Evenings after 5:30 pm (Monday - Friday)||$5.00/day|
|All Day (Weekends & Holidays)||$5.00/day|
|Overnight (South Garage only; permits expire at 8:00 am the following day)||$10.00/night|
Visitor Parking Tips
- Short-term parking spaces (allowing up to 20 or 30 minutes free parking, depending on location), are available in the North Garage, South Garage, Lot 1, Lot 4, Lot 7, and Lot 8 for loading/unloading and running short errands.
- During peak periods, long-term visitor parking is available at off-campus public parking facilities, the closest of which are located along the northern and western campus perimeters. For example, the City of San Jose's 4th & San Fernando Garage (44 S 4th St, San Jose, CA 95113) is located across the street from the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library. Please note that off-campus public parking facilities often have different rates and hours of operation.
- Department Guests are visitors whose parking has been arranged in advance by an inviting or sponsoring department. Click here for more information.
- Many public transportation agencies provide service to SJSU. Visit Transportation Solutions or call 408-924-RIDE (408-924-7433) for more information or trip planning assistance.