The advantage of this accelerated format is that students can complete the degree in less time than the semester format used in our Conventional MBA program. Students can complete this program in 28 months by taking one course per session. Like other MBA programs, the Executive-Style MBA prepares students through a broad curriculum of functional core courses, cross-functional and integrative courses, and elective courses. The curriculum consists of fourteen courses: ten required courses and four electives. Elective courses can be selected to target a variety of career-related concentrations.
Lucas GSB students are working in companies throughout Silicon Valley, literally side-by-side with MBAs from other programs around the region, nation, and world. This program's MBAs are adding value to the best-known, world-class Silicon Valley companies, attesting to the excellent quality of education that our degree offers.
- Accelerated Format
Students can complete this program in 28 months by taking one course per session.
- Part-Time Program
Each three-unit class is eight-weeks long, with four-hour meetings one evening per week and on two Saturdays.
- Silicon Valley Leaders
The learning environment is like no other – experience diverse thinking and the rush of being among other inspired professionals in Silicon Valley.
- Working Professionals
Eighty percent of our graduate students are full-time business professionals in Silicon Valley companies, although work experience is not required for admission.
Your Career Opportunities
Graduates of SJSU's Lucas Graduate School of Business work in every industry, many at Fortune 500 companies. Some of our alumni can be found at global corporations including Cisco, HP, Apple, Adobe, Yahoo, Lockheed, NASA and Google. Other alumni are founding businesses, funding businesses, and using their expertise to help grow startups. The success of our alumni speaks to the fact that a graduate degree from the Lucas Graduate School of Business can truly "open doors" in the business world.
Applying to the Program
Formal admission is required for the program. You can apply for admission in the fall semester.
- A four year Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution if the degree was earned outside of the U.S.
- An applicant’s grade point average should be 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units of study.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants who have earned a degree from a higher education institution in which the primary language of instruction was not English, must take an English language proficiency exam. You must score a minimum of 80 on the internet-based TOEFL, 7.0 on the IELTS, or 68 on the PTE.
- GMAT or GRE - A total GMAT score of 550 or better is competitive, including scores equal to or above the 50th percentile on both the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam. For the GRE, a comparable score is 151 in Verbal Reasoning and 152 in Quantitative Reasoning.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
For more information, please visit MBA website.