The MBA-One is a full-time program that is completed in twelve months of intensive study. It is designed for non-working individuals who prefer a rigorous cohort style of learning. Admission to the MBA-One program is for the Fall semester only and runs from August to August. This accelerated program allows students to enter or re-enter the workforce and command higher salaries in less time than our other MBA programs take to complete.
MBA-One graduates are working in companies throughout Silicon Valley and beyond, literally side-by-side with MBAs from other programs around the region, nation, and world. The knowledge and skills MBA-One students gain from their studies at the Lucas GSB make them valuable members of business teams across the region.
- Outstanding Educational Opportunity
Excellent teaching is central to San Jose State University’s mission, and Lucas GSB faculty members are exemplary in this regard.
- Experiencing Silicon Valley
Many of the courses in the MBA-One program emphasize the lessons provided by Silicon Valley in assignments and cases. Students are exposed to local business professionals and local businesses throughout the year of instruction.
- Lucas Career Consultant
The Lucas GSB has its own Career Consultant who works directly with MBA-One students to provide career advice and help with the job search. Office hours, workshops, and other activities are provided to Lucas GSB students by our Lucas Career Consultant.
Your Career Opportunities
Graduates of SJSU's Lucas Graduate School of Business work in every industry, many at Fortune 500 companies. Some of our alumni can be found at global corporations including Cisco, HP, Apple, Adobe, Yahoo, Lockheed, NASA and Google. Other alumni are founding businesses, funding businesses, and using their expertise to help grow startups. The success of our alumni speaks to the fact that a graduate degree from the Lucas Graduate School of Business can truly "open doors" in the business world.
Applying to the Program
Formal admission is required for the program. You can apply for admission in the fall semester.
- A four year Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution if the degree was earned outside of the U.S.
- An applicant’s grade point average should be 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units of study.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants who have earned a degree from a higher education institution in which the primary language of instruction was not English, must take an English language proficiency exam. You must score a minimum of 80 on the internet-based TOEFL, 7.0 on the IELTS, or 68 on the PTE.
- GMAT or GRE - A total GMAT score of 550 or better is competitive, including scores equal to or above the 50th percentile on both the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam. For the GRE, a comparable score is 151 in Verbal Reasoning and 152 in Quantitative Reasoning.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
For more information, please visit MBA website.