Data Analytics (MS)
“Learning from data is virtually universally useful. Master it and you’ll be welcomed
– John Elder, Elder Research
The Master of Science in Data Analytics offered by the Department of Applied Data Science is a full-fledged, industry-aligned graduate degree program catering to students and working professionals.
This world-class two-year degree will prepare you for a number of exciting career
paths, including data analyst, data administrator, business analyst, business intelligence
analyst, information research scientist, or an advanced analytics expert.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate multidisciplinary knowledge to engage in practical data analytics projects, from analyzing requirements to managing data, building models, presenting results, and assessing societal impacts.
- Identify, use, and evaluate current and emerging multidisciplinary data analytics technologies and tools.
- Apply effective oral and written communication skills necessary for professional work including collaboration and presentation to multidisciplinary audiences.
- Perform independent research in applying data analytics to specific domains.
- Utilize quantitative skills from a rich foundation of essential knowledge to solve complex, dynamic, and practical data analytics problems in various professional domains.
- Work productively as individuals and in teamwork to perform data analytics tasks as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Identify ways in which data analytics professionals can contribute to the cultural, economic, educational and social well-being in diverse and multicultural local, national and global contexts.
Features a comprehensive curriculum jointly developed by the College of Business, the College of Engineering, the College of Professional and Global Education, the College of Health and Human Sciences and the College of Science.
Qualified students will have the opportunity to engage in internships with prominent companies in Silicon Valley. Internships may translate to future job opportunities on completion of the program. International students will have an opportunity to apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to take advantage of the internship opportunities.
Outstanding Faculty: Academic and industry experts provide students with a industry-aligned curriculum and a wide range of practical knowledge and experience in data analytics.
Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers outstanding educational value. There are 10 required courses, for a total of 30 graduate-level units that will fulfill the requirements for earning a Master of Science in Data Analytics. The tuition cost to complete all 10 required courses is $22,500 (For Academic Year 2019-20).
- STEM Degree Program: Classified as a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) degree program and meets course requirements for F-1 visa holders.
Your Career Opportunities
With a Master of Science in Data Analytics from San Jose State University you will have access to a wide variety of career choices, and to top Silicon Valley companies.
Applying to the Program
Please follow the Application steps to apply for the M.S. in Data Analytics program.
Please review the Admission Requirements to see what you will need to be admitted to the M.S. in Data Analytics program.
Go to Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about the program and the application process.
For any additional information, please email your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.