Wireless Communication & Mobile Computing
A prospective student can take single course, a certificate course, or a full degree program in Wireless Telecommunications and Mobile Computing. This program prepares graduates from electronics, computer engineering, physics, and telecommunications for work in cutting edge of wireless telecommunications. The goal of the program is to produce graduates that are able to get employment in jobs which involve wireless systems and mobile computing. Graduates will be well versed in Wireless Internet and Multimedia, Mobile Operating Systems & architectures, Spread-spectrum/CDMA/OFDM Technologies.
- Master Important Skills
This program prepares students to master:
- Wireless Telecommunications and Mobile Computing architecture and design;
- New paradigm of wireless and mobile architecture and platform for new product development;
- Skills and tools for Wireless Telecommunications and Mobile Computing; and New
- Wireless Telecommunications and Mobile Computing Technologies.
- Excellent Curriculum
The curriculum is designed by SJSU faculty and local industry subject matter experts with expertise in the design, development, integration and deployment. The curriculum is designed to respond to current and future needs in green jobs.
Your Career Opportunities
With a MS Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Wireless Telecommunications and Mobile Computing, you can be working on any of the following: Wireless Internet and Multimedia, 802.11, Bluetooth, and RFID, 3G/4G Wireless Networks & Systems, Mobile Operating Systems and Architectures, Integrated Wireless Systems, Mobile and Wireless Network Security, Signal Processing in Wireless Systems, Wireless Modeling, Algorithms & Simulation, QoS and Wireless network Reliability, Ultra Wide-Band(UWB)Technology, Broadband Wireless Access, Mobile and WLAN Interoperability, Spread-spectrum/CDMA/OFDM Technologies, Mobile Cellular TV, Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, etc.
Applying to the Program
Formal admission is required for the program. You can apply for admission in the fall and Spring semester.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- TOEFL if required.
- GPA 3.0 or better.
- Conditional admissions might be granted for applicants with exceptional background and GPA less than 3.0 but greater than 2.5.
- NO GRE/GMAT Scores required.
- Experience in related industry preferred.
For more specific information on SJSU's admission requirements, please visit the Engineering Graduate and Extended Studies website.