Publications & Presentations
Lustig, Brooke S
Publications & PresentationsSelected Publications/Proceedings at SJSU
1. “Novel application of query-based qualitative predictors for characterization of solvent accessible residues in conjunction with protein sequence homology” (2011) Proceedings of the 22nd International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 70-74.
2. Liao, H., Yeh, W., Chiang, D., Jernigan, R. L. and Lustig, B. “Protein sequence entropy is closely related to packing density and hydrophobicity” (2005) Prot. Engr. 18, 59-64.
3. Wander, D. S., Yang, F., McNeil, M and Lustig, B. “Scoring DNA sequence alignment using energetics of hybridization” (2003) Proceedings of Annual Meeting of American Institute of Chemical Engineers T2/555b(1-8).
4. Hsieh, M., Collins, E. D., Blomquist, T. and Lustig, B. "Flexibility of BIV TAR-Tat: Models of peptide binding" (2002) J. Biomol. Struct. Dyn. 20, 243-251.
5. Lustig, B. and Jeang K.-T. "Biological applications of hammerhead ribozymes as anti-viral molecules" (2001) Current Medicinal Chemistry 8, 1181-1187.
6. Lustig, B., Bahar, I. and Jernigan, R. L. "RNA bulge entropies correlate with peptide binding strengths for HIV-1 and BIV TAR RNA because of improved conformational access" (1998) Nucleic Acids Res. 26, 5212-5217.
7. Lustig, B., Arora, S. and Jernigan, R. L. "RNA base-amino acid interaction strengths derived from structures and sequences" (1997) Nucleic Acids Res. 25, 2562-2565.
8. Lustig, B. and Jernigan, R. L. "Consistencies of individual DNA base-amino acid interactions in structures and sequences" (1995) Nucleic Acids Res. 23, 4707-4711.
Other Selected Publications
9. Lustig, B., Lin, N. H., Smith, S. M., Jernigan, R. L. and Jeang, K.-T. "A small modified hammerhead ribozyme and its conformational characteristics determined by mutagenesis and lattice calculation" (1995) Nucleic Acids Res. 23, 3531-3538.
10. Lustig, B., Covell, D. G. and Jernigan, R. L. "Conformations of t-RNA: Base pairing and stacking" (1994) J. Biomol. Struct. Dyn. 12, 145-161.
11. Lustig, B. and Fink, A. L. "Secondary structure formation precedes tertiary structure in the refolding of ribonuclease A" (1992) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1121, 229-233.
12. Lustig, B. and Fink, A. L. "The thermal denaturation of ribonuclease A in aqueous methanol solvents" (1992) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1119, 205-210.
13. Fink, A. L., Anderson, W. D., Hattersly, J. E. and Lustig, B. "The effect of methanol and temperature on the kinetics of refolding of ribonuclease A" (1988) FEBS Lettr. 236, 190-194.