Links to Information for Design
Here are some useful web links. Please let me know if you find other links that you think should be included.
- Lincoln Design Competition - info on the competition you will be entering in the Spring
- Electronic library resources - online SJSU library resources
- Patent search resources - US Patent Office search resources
- www.pat2pdf.org - free tool to search and print patents to pdf format
- Thomas Register - exhaustive listing of US manufactures for virtually everything
- MatWeb - tremendous searchable database for material datasheets
- Mechatronic component resources - links to components, mfg's, and suppliers of parts for mechatronics
- Other mechatronics resources - other resources on subjects related to design and mechatronics
- Engineer on a Disk - extensive set of engineering knowledge resources (see those for ME)
- The Internet Guide to Engineering, Mathematics, and Computing - an incredible catalog of resources!
- The Engineering Zone - an interesting site with many links to engineering resources
- Machine Design Magazine - a popular trade magazine for machine designers
- Design News Magazine - a good trade magazine slanted toward machine tools, etc.
- Engineering Case Studies - an excellent resource to study a wide variety of design cases