Teaching About Race
This webpage primarily contains materials and activities developed by Carol C. Mukhopadhyay for teaching about race. They supplement material in Part 1 (The Fallacy of Race as Biology) and Part 2 (Culture Creates Race) of the book How Real is Race? A Sourcebook on Race, Culture, and Biology, 2ND EDITION, (Mukhopadhyay, Henze, Moses. Rowman & Littlefield. 2014). Link to book here:
Activities associated with Part 3 (Race and Hot-Button Issues in Schools) are available at Rosemary Henze's SJSU website.
COPYRIGHT-FAIR USE-CITATION.Activities/materials on this website are copyrighted by Mukhopadhyay, unless otherwise noted. They can be downloaded and used for educational or other non-commercial purposes but must be properly cited (see individual files for citation information). To use for other purposes, contact Mukhopadhyay directly.
- Ch 2, 4, 7: Tracing Ancestry The Ethnic Me [PDF]
- Ch 3: Gene Flow and Genetic Drift Illustration [PDF]
- Ch 5: ActPlan 1: The Hug [PDF]
- Ch 5: ALBATROSS: Culture Shapes How We Experience Reality [PDF]
- Ch 5: The Products of School Culture [PDF]
- Ch 5 Culture: More Activities [PDF]
- Ch 6: Culture: Central West Virginia Cultural Awareness test [PDF]
- Ch 6: U.S. Army Group IQ Test [PDF]
- Ch 7: Starpower: stratification acitivty [PDF]
- Ch 9. Discussion forms for Mating Activity [PDF]
- Caucasian article, Mukhopadhyay 2008 [PDF]