Organic Polymer Chemistry
B.Sc. Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2008
Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Florida, 2013
CHEM 001A - General Chemistry Seminar
CHEM 008 - Organic Chemistry
CHEM 113A - Organic Chemistry Lab
CHEM 276 - Physical Chemistry of Polymers
- Synthesis, characterization, and application of precision polymers via acyclic diene metathesis (ADMET) and alternating diene metathesis (ALTMET) polymerizations; specifically enhanced mechanical and thermal properties and well-defined morphologies.
- Synthesis and applications of precise block copolymers via ALTMET. Of particular interest is their use in self-assembled structures such as micelles, vesicles, and tubules as well as unique morphology and physical properties.
- Synthesis and characterization of mixed polymer brushes grown from silicon wafers. We focus on brushes with a high chi value between the components as well as study the effect of different parameters of the brush (brush thickness, density, molecular weight, polymer identity, etc.).
- Chester Simocko, Amalie L. Frischnecht, Dale L. Huber. “Phase Behavior of Ternary Polymer Brushes” ACS Macro Letters, 2016, 5, 149-153
- Chester Simocko, Thomas C. Young, Kenneth B. Wagener “ADMET Polymers Containing Precisely Spaced Pendant Boronic Acids and Esters” Macromolecules, 2015, 48, 5470-5473
- Chester Simocko, Yong Yang, Timothy Swager, Kenneth B. Wagener “Metathesis Polymerization in Ionic Liquids” ACS Macro Letters, 2013, 2, 1061-64
- Chester Simocko, Kenneth B. Wagener “Effects of boron-containing Lewis acids on olefin metathesis” Organometallics, 2013, 32, 2513-16
- Chester Simocko, Pascale Atallah, Kenneth B. Wagener “A Brief Examination of the Latest ADMET Chemistry” Current Organic Chemistry, 2013, 17, 2749-63