San Jose State University ::
Faculty & Staff Web Pages: Cynthia C. Rostankowski's Home Page
This is a list of major museums in the Bay area and the prices of admission for students. Please note, prices listed may not include special exhibits. Also, if you are a frequent museum goer, many museums offer discounted year-long memberships to students, in which case most exhibits and special events are free.
- Royal Treasures from the Louvre at the San Francisco Legion of Honor through 17 March 2013
- China's Terracotta Warriors at the Asian Art Museum, 22 February through 27 May 2013
- Buying and Selling: Early Modern Economies of Labor, Merchandise, Services, and Shopping 17th and 18th Centuries at the Stanford Cantor Center for the Arts through 2 June 2013
- The Cyrus Cylinder and Ancient Persia at the Asian Art Museum, 9 August through 20 September 2013
- San Jose Museum of Art- 3 blocks from SJSU, admission for students is $5 with ID
- Rosicrucian Museum- San Jose- admission for students is $7 with ID
- Triton Museum of Art - Santa Clara - free admission
- Santa Clara University de Saisset Museum - free admission
- Montalvo Arts Center - free admission
- Stanford Cantor Center for the Arts- admission is FREE, walking distance from the Caltrain and downtown Palo Alto
- Asian Art Museum, SF, admission for students is $7 with ID, special exhibits are extra, Target free Sunday (free admission first Sunday of every month)
- SFMOMA- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, admission for students is $11 with ID, free admission first Tuesday of every month
- Legion of Honor admission for students is $6, MUNI riders with transfer receive $2 off. Admission to the Legion is good for same-day admission to the De Young (and vice versa). Admission free first Tuesday of the month.
- De Young admission for students is $6 with ID, MUNI riders with a transfer receive $2 off. Admission to the De Young is good for same-day admission to the Legion of Honor (and vice versa). Free admission first Tuesday of the month.
- Contemporary Jewish Museum- admission for students is $10 with ID. Free admission first Tuesday of the month.
- Museum of the African Diaspora –admission for students is $5 with ID
- YBCA-Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, SF, $8 admission to exhibits for students with ID, this is both a museum and a performance Arts center. Free gallery admission first Tuesday of the month.
- A Royal Renaissance: School of Fontainebleau 16th Century Prints at the Stanford Cantor Center for the Arts, 27 March through 14 July 2013