Anastasiu, David C.
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy, Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2016.
- Master of Science, Computer Science, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2011.
- Post Graduate Certificate, Computer Science, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2009.
Dr. David C. Anastasiu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering at SJSU. His research interests fall broadly at the intersection of data mining, high performance computing, information retrieval, and cloud and distributed computing. Much of his work has been focused on scalable and efficient methods for analyzing sparse data. He has developed serial and parallel methods for identifying near neighbors, methods for characterizing how user behavior changes over time, and methods for personalized and collaborative presentation of Web search results. His future research directions of interest include:
- Knowledge discovery from Sparse Big Data.
- Scalable quantitative methods for Data Mining.
- Analysis of dynamic heterogeneous information networks.
- Outlier detection in multivariate time-series.
- Educational Data Mining.
- Leveraging data in smart cities.