Diane L. Stuenkel EdD, RN
Professor and Assistant Director School of Nursing
Preferred: (408) 924-3179
Tuesdays by appointment
Office: Health Building 409
- Doctor of Education, Univ Of San Francisco, 2002
- Master of Science, Nursing Education, CSU-San Jose, California, United States, 1994
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Valparaiso Univ, Indiana, United States, 1977
Licenses and Certificates
- Calif Registered Nurse License, California, United States, 1977
- Certified Critical Care Nurse (1990 - 1996), California, United States, 1990
- IHI Basic Certificate of Completion, Massachusetts, United States, 2013
Diane Stuenkel RN, EdD is a professor in The Valley Foundation School of Nursing at SJSU. She has taught all aspects of Care of the Adult/Medical-Surgical nursing since joining the faculty in 1995. Her clinical background includes 15 years in critical care, as well as urgent care, cardiology, cardiac rehabilitation, and phone triage/advice. She was the Patient Education-Staff Development Manager for 5 years for a Bay Area medical group. Dr. Stuenkel served for 9 years as the Curriculum Coordinator and the Professional Development Coordinator for the SON. She currently serves as Assistant Director.
Dr. Stuenkel is active in several professional organizations including Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. She is a charter member of the San Francisco Bay Area End of Life Nursing Education Consortium. Her research interests focus on predicting student nurse success on the NCLEX-RN and the work environment of staff nurses.
Dr. Stuenkel earned her BSN from Valparaiso University, her MS from the SJSU School of Nursing, and her doctorate from the University of San Francisco.