- Li, Y., G. Blois, F. Kazemifar, & K. Christensen. "High‐Speed Quantification of Pore‐Scale Multiphase Flow of Water and Supercritical CO2 in 2‐D Heterogeneous Porous Micromodels: Flow Regimes and Interface Dynamics". Water Resources Research (2019).
- Gerami, A., Y. Alzahid, P. Mostaghimi, N. Kashaninejad, F. Kazemifar, T. Amirian; N. Mosavat, M. Ebrahimi Warkiani, & R. Armstrong, “Microfluidics for Porous Systems: Fabrication, Microscopy, and Applications” Transport in Porous Media (2019).
- Li, Y., F. Kazemifar, G. Blois & K. Christensen, “Micro-PIV Measurements of Multiphase Flow of Water and Liquid CO2 in 2D Heterogeneous Porous Micromodels” Water Resources Research 53 (2017) 6178–6196. (received “Editor Highlight” distinction)
- Kazemifar, F., G. Blois, D. Kyritsis & K. Christensen, “Quantifying the flow dynamics of supercritical CO2–water displacement in a 2D porous micromodel using fluorescent microscopy and microscopic PIV” Advances in Water Resources 95 (2016) 352–368.
- Kazemifar, F., G. Blois, D. Kyritsis & K. Christensen, “A methodology for velocity field measurement in multiphase high-pressure flow of CO2 and water in micromodels” Water Resources Research 51 (2015) 3017-3029.
- Kazemifar, F. & D. Kyritsis, “Experimental investigation of near-critical CO2 tube-flow and Joule-Thompson throttling for carbon capture and sequestration” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 53 (2014): 161–170.
- Kazemifar, F. & D. Kyritsis, “Near-Critical CO2 Flow Measurement and Visualization” ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology 137 (2014).
F. Kazemifar, G. Blois, M. Aybar, P. Perez Calleja, R. Nerenberg, S. Sinha, R. Hardy, J. L. Best, G. Sambrook Smith & K. Christensen, “Hydrodynamic interactions between biofilms and flow”, 8th Int’l Conference on Fluvial Hydraulics (River Flow 2016), St. Louis, MO, Jul 12–15, 2016.
- Y. Li, F. Kazemifar, G. Blois & K. Christensen, “Micro-PIV Measurements of Multiphase Flow of Water and Liquid/Supercritical CO2 in 2D Heterogeneous Porous Micromodels,” 18thInt’l Symp. on Applications of Laser and Imaging Techniques to Fluid Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal, Jul 4–7, 2016.
- F. Kazemifar, G. Blois, D. Kyritsis & K Christensen, “PIV Investigation of Supercritical CO2 and Water Flow in Porous Media” 11th International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry, Santa Barbara, CA, Sep 14–16, 2015.
- K. Christensen, F. Kazemifar, T. Tsuji, F. Jiang, A. Valocchi, D. Bolster, “Math Challenges and Multiscale Issues in Geologic CO2Sequestration” Math for Industry Workshop by International Institute for Carbon Neutral Energy Research, Kyushu, Japan, Jul 2015.
- K. Christensen, F. Kazemifar, G. Blois, J. M. Barros, Z. Tang, A. Hamed, T. Kim, & J. Best, “Quantitative Studies of Environmental Flows at the Micro- and Macro-Scales” 16th International Symposium on Flow Visualization, Okinawa, Japan, Jun 24–28, 2014.
- F. Kazemifar & D. Kyritsis, “Near-Critical CO2Flow Measurement and Visualization” ASME 2013 7th International Conference on Energy Sustainability (ES 2013), Minneapolis, MN, Jul 14–19, 2013. (Received Best Student Paper Award)
- F. Kazemifar & D. Kyritsis, “Near-Critical CO2Flow for Carbon Capture and Storage” 8th U.S. National Combustion Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, May 19–22, 2013.
F. Kazemifar, Q. Huang & D. Kyritsis, “Preliminary Raman-Based Measurements of Greenhouse Gas Potential” 7th U.S. National Combustion Meeting, Atlanta, GA, Mar 21–23, 2011.
- F. Kazemifar, M. Molai, B. Firoozabadi & G. Ahmadi, “A numerical study of geometrical effects on the Strouhal number of a circular cylinder" 2008 ASME IMECE, Boston, MA, Oct 31–Nov 6, 2008.