M-PAC Group News
- 12/7/2019: Congratulations to Hoang Cao, Thanh Lam and Hoi Nguyen, who are awarded with BSEE Best Project Award.
- 12/6/2019: We successfully co-hosted IEEE EDS Distinguished Lecturer Mini-colloquium in SJSU. Topics:
1. Current progress and future perspectives in polymer solar cells, Lluís F. Marsal,
Professor, University of Rovira i Virgili, Spain
2. Physics and modeling of organic thin film transistors, Benjamin Iñiguez, Professor, University of Rovira i Virgili, Spain
3. Silicon technologies for 5G, Anirban Bandyopadhyay, Director, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Inc.
- 12/2/2019: Dr. Wong was interviewed in College of Engineering Magazine, Fall 2019
- 11/12/2019: Our paper on Band-to-Band-Tunneling with Synopsys is accepted to Microelectronics Reliability.
- 11/4-11/6, "16th International Conference on Reliability and Stress-related Phenomena in Nano and Microelectronics" was held in SJSU successfully. https://www.irspconference.com/
- 10/17/2019: Congratulations to M-PAC members who received "AY2019-20 Davidson Student Scholars" awards:
- Senior Students, Keren Yin, Ziyun He, Shaofeng liang: "Optimization of LiDAR-on-Chip using PhotonicSimulation in RSoft"
- Graduate Student. Johan Saltin, "TCAD Cosmic Radiation Hardness Simulation, Nanosheet and FinFET SRAM"
- 9/20/2019: We welcomed about 50 attendees to the Plasma Processing Workshop given by Plasma-Therm. Besides SJSU students, attendees include people from UC Merced, UCSC, Stanford, UCB, and 5 companies in the Silicon Valley.
- 8/21/2019: PowerAmerica announces the 24 new member projects this year. We are in one of the teams. https://poweramericainstitute.org/member-projects/
- 8/2/2019: Johan's paper on lateral Gallium Oxide device doping engineering is accepted to 7th IEEE WiPDA.
- 6/30/2019: Johan's paper on Schottky contact energy filtering is accepted to 2019 IEEE S3S
- 6/30/2019: Khao's paper on SRAM radiation hardness is accepted to 2019 IEEE S3S.
- 6/28/2019: Khao's paper on electrically trimmable ferroelectric capacitor is accepted
to 2019 IEEE S3S.
- 6/15/2019: Our paper on NBTI framework with IIT Bombay is accepted to SISPAD 2019.
- 6/10/2019: Sarat's paper on TCAD machine learning "TCAD Augmented Machine Learning for Semiconductor Device Failure Troubleshooting and Reverse Engineering" is accepted to SISPAD 2019. See you in Udine, Italy!
- 5/2019: Sarat, Khoa and Cedric graduated. Congratulations!
- 5/20/2019: Group Lunch (photo)
- 5/2019: Congratulations: Yogeswara Sarat Bankapalli received EE 2019 Best Projects Award for his master project "Machine Learning in TCAD for Semiconductor Fabrication Failure Troubleshooting"
- 5/2019: Prof. Leong from University of Sydney visited and gave a seminar on "Efficient FPGA implementations of Machine Learning Algorithms"
- 5/2019: Yogeswara Sarat Bankapalli is selected to present in "2019 Banquet student
project showcase" for his work on Machine Learning in TCAD.
- 4/2019: Prof. Ayyaswamy from UC Merced visited and gave a seminar on "plasmaFoam: A massively parallel computational framework for plasma physics and chemistry"
- 4/2019: Our NBTI paper with IIT Bombay and Synopsys are accepted to be published in TED.
- 3/2019: Our paper "Studies of Stress Effects on the Electrical Performance of AlGaN/GaN HEMTs through Ab Initio Calculation and TCAD Simulation" is accepted to ICNS 2019.
- 2/2019: Invited talk on "TCAD Simulation of Novel Gallium Oxide Power Device with High On/Off Ratio" was presented in the Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Materials and Devices WOCSEMMAD, 2019.
- 10/2018: Congratulations to Yogeswara Sarat Bankapalli for being selected to be one of the Fall 2018 Davidson Student Scholar.