Time: TR 10:30-11:45, 12:00-1:15
Location: Lecture WSQ 109, Seminar Eng 403
Humanities 2A is the third class in the Humanities Honors program series. It covers the period from about 1600 - 1860.
- Galileo - Letter to the Grand Duchess [PDF]
- Grimke "Reply," Fell "Women's Speaking"
- Burke - Reflections on the Revolution in France [PDF]
- Schama (Citizens) - The Fourteenth of July, 1789 [PDF]
- Alexander Pope - An Essay on Man [PDF]
- Emily Dickinson - Poems [PDF]
- Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven [PDF]
Assignments (Lindahl's seminar only)
French Revolution Readings
- The Fourteenth of July, 1789 [DOC]
- Reflections on the Revolution [DOC]
- Speech to the Convention, 1794 [DOC]