Over 5 years:
· “Samoa Tomorrow: Developing a System of Appropriate and Effective Public Administration in American Samoa, the Challenge of Finding a Workable Synthesis Between Native and Western Traditions, Concepts, and Leadership Practices.” US Department of the Interior.
· “Transplanting Bureaucracy: What to Do About American Samoa,” San Jose Studies Publication.
· “The National Park of American Samoa.” American Samoa Government.
· “Environmental Challenges of American Samoa.” American Samoa Government.
· “An Integration of Disciplines: Technical Writing and Environmental Issues for Engineers,” American Society of Electrical Engineers.
· “Hazard Control Technologies in Healthcare: Collaborative Strategies for the Next Millennium,” American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists.
· Plus numerous newspaper articles.
Jackson Campus of Teton Science Schools, “Connecting People to Nature through Education.” Jackson, Wyoming. February 18 – 24, 2007.
Education Conference, California Public School Personnel Commissioners. February, 2005, Long Beach, California.
Speaker, “New Approaches in the College of Engineering to Improving Student Writing.”
Educated Person Brown Bag Symposium, SJSU, April 6, 2005.
Speaker, “Issues in Managing a Technical and IT Workforce.” Audience: 58 County Treasurers and Tax Collectors from throughout California. CACTTC. January 21, 2004.
CSPCA Conference, Monterey, CA, participant, 2003, 2004
Information Literacy Competency Conference, Standards for Higher Education. SJSU. 2004.
Speaker. “Integrating Engineering, the Environment, and Communication Skills into the University Curriculum” Environmental Science Symposium Sedona, AZ. 2003. Paid by McGraw-Hill.
Speaker. Department of the Interior, 2003 Investment Development Conference, Washington, DC, September 3 - 9, 2003. Invited by the DOI and served as a paid consultant for the Government of American Samoa.
Presentations (over 5 years)
Competencies for Success Workshops, SME, NSF, Lockheed Martin
Engineering Education—an Integrative Process, American Society for Engineering Education
National Issues Conferences, Washington, D.C.: Bridges to Human Dignity/ Fragile Friendship, US Relations / Creative Approaches to Dealing with the Heterogeneous Workforce.
Federal Reserve Bank. Speaker. General Session. San Francisco, California.
Head Conference Coordinator and Speaker, Southwest Labor Studies Association National Conference (3-day conference with Caesar Chavez), SJSU.