Industry Working and Consultant Experience
10/2011 - Present Fujitsu Research Lab. in Japan
Research and Prototyping on Cloud Testing for SaaS Applications.
1/2008 - 3/2009 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. China
Contracted Expert Consultant for Testing & QA Service and Training in the following areas:
- Component Testing & Quality Control Methods and Processes for Platform-Based Software Components and Middleware.
- Evaluation and Analysis for Software Engineering Process and Engineering Practice
- Identification and Analysis of Testing Problems
- Propose Solutions in Component Development Process and Quality Control
- Technical Training for Component Testing Team(s) and Software System Production Teams on the following subjects:
- Middleware architecture and testability
- Model-based software testing and practice
- Agile-based software testing and practice Test Methodologies for Domain-Specific Software Components Model-based software testing analysis, methods, and practice Agile-based software testing, methods, and practice.
1/2008 - 2/2009 eBay, USA
Technical Consultant and Supervision for Student Collaboration Project - Software Test and Risk Analysis for Problem Resolution in QA Process.
- Automating Tools for Software Test and Risk Analysis for Problem Resolution
1/2007 - 12/2007 eBay, USA
Technical Consultant and Supervision for Student Collaboration Project - Web-Based Software Test Automation project
- Test Automation for online system test automation - focusing on web-based system GUI test model, open-source-based test script generation, and test coverage analysis.
1/2006 - 6/2006 Intuit Inc., USA
Expert Consultant in Software Test Automation for Enterprise Solutions
Major responsibility in Project #1- test automation for enterprise software:
- Identify major issues and propose the solutions in test automation for enterprise-oriented common-ware (platform, common architectures, and mid-ware)
- Identify and define test models and test coverage criteria for enterprise-oriented software
- Identify and define a change and regression test process, methodology, and tool for enterprise-oriented common-ware (platform, common architectures, and mid-ware)
- Lead and supervise a project team to develop the test automation solution and tool
Major responsibility in Project #2 - test automation for software installation:
- Identify major issues and propose the solutions in automatic testing for software installation and patches
- Identify and define test models and test coverage criteria for software installation
- Identify and define a change and regression test process, methodology, and tool for auto-testing for software installation.
- Lead and supervise a project team to develop the required test automation solution and tool.
6/2005 - 9/2006 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. China
- Expert Consultant in Software Component Testability
- Expert Consultant in Component Controllability Project
- Expert Consultant on Design for Testability and Maintenance for Component-Based Systems
1/2002 - 12/2002 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. China
Principle Consultant on Systematic Solutions for Enhancement of Testability and Performance Measurement of Real-Time Communication Systems.
- Define enterprise-oriented solution requirements for system testability and performance measurement.
- Design cross-product systematic solutions for tracking and monitor real-time system behavior and performance.
- Define product-oriented system environments and tools to support the solutions.
6/2000 - 10/2001 ASPECT Communications, Inc. San Jose
Principle Consultant on E-Business Performance Testing, Metrics, and Tools
- Define enterprise-oriented performance test strategy and metrics
- Develop product-oriented performance testing methodology for e-business products on the Internet.
- Define performance testing environment and tools
- Write requirements and functional specifications for performance tools
- Write performance and reliability metrics
6/1999 - 5/2000 Fujitsu Network Systems, Inc. San Jose
Principle Architecture Consultant on Web-Based Software Engineering Environment
- Define system infrastructure and architecture for integrated software engineering environment over the Internet.
- Define requirements and functions specifications for software tools
- Write overall system architecture and infrastructure
10/1998 - 5/1999 Fujitsu Network Systems, Inc. San Jose
Principle Architecture Consultant on Re-Driven Software Engineering
- Define reuse-driven software development process.
- Define reuse-driven software development standards
- Conduct and define network management reuse framework architecture and supporting environment
- Write software engineering requirements for supporting reuse-driven projects.
2/1997 - 9/1998 Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc., San Jose
Technical Manager, Project Lead and System Architect in Software Engineering Department
- Write project proposals and system requirements for new products.
- Manage a team about 10 engineers for product line projects, and play as a project leader.
- Conduct requirement elicitation, and write function and product specifications.
- Conduct technology selection and evaluation for our products.
- Conduct product high-level and detailed design.
- Lead component test, integration test, system test, and performance test.
Project: "A web-based global problem management system on Internet"
- Technology used: JAVA J.D.K (1.02 and 1.1), HTML, CGI, CORBA (Orbixweb, Orbix), C++, secured web server, and ORDB (ILLUSTRA).
- First three engineering releases are Java/CGI based web systems, and one product release.
- Lead the high-level design, detailed design and implementation.
- Prepared and written the documents:
- "Product Specifications For Fujitsu Product Development Environment"
- "Requirements Specification For A Global Web-Based Problem Management System (PIMS)"
- "Functional Design Specifications for PIMS"
Project: "A web-based global test management system on Internet"
- The current product release uses CORBA and Java technology.
- Prepared and written the documents:
- "Requirements Specifications For A Web-Based Test Management System (TMS)"
- "Functional Design Specification For A Global Web-Based Test Management System (TMS)"
Reuse Project: "Software Tracking and Analysis Toolkit for Software Reuse"
- Wrote: a Project Proposal, and "Requirements Specifications for Software Tracking and Analysis Toolkit of Software Reuse"
8/1995 - 2/1997 Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc., San Jose, CA
Sr. Member of Technical Staff, Technical Leader of Software Engineering R&D group
- Research on domain-specific test automation, software engineering methodology, and applications of new technology.
Prepared and written the following documents:
- "Feature Specifications for TL1 Message Testing Tool"
- "Basic Design Specifications for TL1 Message Testing Tool (Prototype)"
- "Feature Specifications for Web-based Integrated Testing Environment"
- "Basic Design Specification For Web-based Test Management System (Prototype)"
6/1992 - 8/1995 Software Center For Telecommunications
The University of Texas At Arlington, Arlington Texas
Manager of Software Lab., Research Associate, and Instructor
- Key person and investigator in Founded Software Engineering Research Project on Object-Oriented Program Testing and Maintenance Methodology.
- Manage and supervise 15 master students to develop the first testing and maintenance environment for OO software using C/C++, Motif and X lib.
- Wrote research papers, high-level design documents and conduct review as well as implementations.