Research & Scholarly Activity
Professor Gosselin directs the Renewable Energy Laboratory (Engineering Building 141), which focuses on thermo-fluids research in the context of various renewable and sustainable energy technologies.
- Optical diagnostics
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Wind energy
- Natural ventilation
- 1 open-loop wind tunnel, ELD, Inc. model 402(A) (test section 1’x1’x5’, 3-30 m/s)
- 1 closed-loop wind tunnel, ELD, Inc. model 407(A) (test section 2’x2’x4’, 3-13 m/s)
- 2 Dell T7810 workstations with Matlab, Fluent (Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2620, 16 GB DDR4 RAM)
- 1 Vacuum/Inter Gas Oven (TMVacuum T/IG 800 Series)
Joining the Renewable Energy Laboratory
Unfortunately, no research assistant positions are available at this time.
Please note the SJSU does not have a Ph.D. program.
Room and Wind Tunnel Booking
The calendar below shows existing appointments to use E-141 and/or the wind tunnel. If you would like to use the facilities, please choose an available time and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. If you wish to use either of the wind tunnels, I will need to approve the equipment and method, and I'll conduct a short (~15 minute) training session at a mutually agreeable time. Please be advised that you must provide your own measurement devices (pitot tubes, force transducers, etc.) when using the wind tunnel.