San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0085
- B.S. (Mechanical Engineering, University of Portland, Portland, OR)
- M.S. (Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY)
- Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY)
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering, SJSU
- Post-doctoral Scholar (Holland Bloorview Kids Rehab Hospital, Toronto, Canada)
Honors and Awards
- MAE Excellence in Teaching Award (Cornell University)
- NSF GRFP Honorable Mention
- MAE Outstanding Service Award (Cornell University)
- University Scholar (University of Portland)
- Medical Imaging for Engineers (Fall 2017)
- Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering (Fall 2017)
- Engineering Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Soft tissue mechanics
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Design and evaluation of mobility-assistive technology.
- Biofeedback in lower-limb prostheses.
- Computational modeling of prosthetic gait.
- Likitlersuang, J. Leineweber, MJ. Andrysek, J. Evaluating and improving the performance of thin film force sensors within body-device interfaces. Medical Engineering Physics. (Accepted June 2017).
- Leineweber, MJ. Andrysek, J. A method for evaluating timeliness and accuracy of volitional motor responses to vibrotactile stimuli. Invited paper. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016. Aug 2(114).
- Leineweber, MJ, Wyss, D. Dufour, S. Gane, C. Zabjek, K. Maltais, DB. Voisin, JIA. Andrysek, J. The effects of acute intense physical exercise on postural stability in children with cerebral palsy. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly. 33(3):271-82.
- Sharma, A. Leineweber, MJ. Andrysek, J. The effects of cognitive load and prosthetic liner on volitional response times to vibrotactile feedback. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 53(4):473-82.
- Rogers, E. Leineweber, MJ. Andrysek, J. Analysis of terrain effects on the interfacial force distribution at the hand and forearm during crutch gait. Assistive Technology. 2016 (Epub ahead of Print).
- Leineweber, MJ. Gao, Y. Examining the feasibility of applying principal component analysis to detecting localized changes in mechanical properties. Journal of Biomechanics. 2014. 48(2):262-8.
- Leineweber, MJ. Stouffer, J. Gao, Y. Quantifying skeletal muscle recovery in a rat injury model using ultrasound imaging. Journal of Biomechanics. 2014. 48(2):379-82.
- Leineweber, MJ. Westborn, J. Cochran, A. Choi, J. Gao, Y. Averaging Improves Strain Images of the Biceps-Brachii Using Quasi-Static Ultrasound Elastography. British Journal of Radiology. 2014. 87(1039):Online.
- Delos, D. Leineweber, MJ. Chaudhury, S. Alzoobaee, S. Gao, Y. Rodeo, S. The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) on Muscle Contusion Healing in a Rat Model. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2014. 42(9): 2067-74.