Lecturer AY-C, Sociology & Interdisc Soc Sci
MW 10:30-12:00 DMH 222
Doctor of Philosophy, Sociology, American University, Washington DC. 1987.
Dr. Rokni has a PHD in Sociology and her academic interests include comparative historical research on project of modernity, critical theory, political sociology, gender and sexuality, and social justice in a global context. Dr. Rokni has taught a variety of courses, some of which are: Social Theory, Social Change, Sociology of Media, Political Sociology, Global Society, Sociology of Human Rights; Sexualities, Gender and Society, Global Socioeconomic Perspectives, Social Justice and Ethics, Sociology of Minority Relations, Cross Cultural Perspectives, Philosophy of Human Conduct, Ethics and Moral Reasoning, War and Violence, City Life, Social Inequality, Power, Privilege, and Wealth, Deviance and Conformity, Criminology, Social Problems, Sociology of Literature.
Check additional links provided under Courses.
- San Jose State University Library/MLK
- OWL English Purde
- Distinguishing Scholarly Journals from 0ther Periodicals
- Guide to Library Research
- Library of Congress
- American Sociological Association
- Pacific Sociological Association
- International Sociological Association
- Open Library
- Open Access Feminist Journals
- Culture, Race, & Ethnicity Database/Ithaca Library
- Understanding Prejudice