Lecturer AY-B, Sociology & Interdisc Soc Sci
MW 1:30-3:00 DMH 222
Doctor of Philosophy, Sociology, American University, Washington DC. 1987.
Dr. Rokni has a PHD in Sociology and her academic interests include comparative historical research on project of modernity, critical theory, political sociology, gender & sexuality, and social justice in a global context. Dr. Rokni has taught a variety of courses, some of which are: Social Theory; Social Change; Sociology of Media; Political Sociology; Sociology of Human Rights; Sexualities; Gender and Society; Global Socioeconomic Perspectives; Global Society; Social Justice & Ethics; Ethics and Moral Reasoning; Cross Cultural Perspectives; War and Violence; City Life; Social Inequality; Power, Privilege, and Wealth; Philosophy of Human Conduct; Sociology of Minority Relations; Deviance and Conformity; Criminology; Social Problems; and Sociology of Literature.
Check additional links provided under Courses.
- San Jose State University Library/MLK
- Owl.english.purdue.edu/Writing Research Papers
- Distinguishing Scholarly Journals from 0ther Periodicals
- Guide to Library Research
- Internet Sociologist
- Library of Congress
- American Sociological Association
- Pacific Sociological Association
- International Sociological Association
- Open Library
- Open Access Feminist Journals
- Culture, Race, & Ethnicity Database/Ithaca Library
- Understanding Prejudice