Obi, Samuel C.
Preferred: (408) 924-3218
Tuesday: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM; And by Appointment
- Doctor of Philosophy, Univ Of Northern Iowa, 1989
- Master of Technology, Manufacturing, Southeastern Oklahoma St Univ, Oklahoma, United States, 1985
- Bachelor of Science, Manufacturing, Southeastern Oklahoma St Univ, Oklahoma, United States, 1984
My name is Professor Obi and I have been with San Jose State University as a faculty member since 1989. My expertise is in Manufacturing Systems, including manufacturing processes, manufacturing planning and control, quality control, product prototyping and development, green and sustainability product design, computer-integrated manufacturing and general material processing. I also teach courses in the areas of industrial ethics and technology and civilization. My latest books in these areas are Introduction to Manufacturing Systems and A Handbook of Productive Industrial Ethics (both available online at Amazon.Com, AuthorHouse.Com and many online bookstores).
The purpose of this web site is to help you (1) find materials for your assignments if you are enrolled in any of the courses that I teach, (2) help you learn about our programs so that you will be more informed about what we do, and (3) also to help you have access to some of the resources used in my courses, community services or professional consulting whenever you want.
My specific research interests are in the areas of manufacturing systems, technology transfer to developing economies, and ethics and the technologist/industry. Many articles and two books have been published in these areas. Presently I am the trustee of the Rho chapter of the honorary Epsilon Pi Tau, an honorary student organization for professions in technology. Currently, I am the Regional Director for the Honorary which serves California, Canada, western United States and other parts of the world. I have also served as adviser to the student chapters of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers in my department, and Nigerian Student Association of San Jose State University. I have helped to found programs geared to helping Nigerian and African immigrants adjust to life in American society. My latest books in this area (Readings for Amerigerian Igbo and A Table Prepared Before Me) can be acquired at Amazon.Com or AuthorHouse.Com. I was also the director, co-founder, trustee, and/or chairman of several community non-profit organizations, including the Nigerian Language and Cultural Institute of San Jose, Nnewi Neighborhood Association of Northern California, and Igbo Anglican Church of San Jose.
I or any of my colleagues will like to assist you with any question(s) you may have, whether you are one of our students, thinking about becoming one of our majors, or perhaps wanting to know more about our programs. Please feel free to browse the different areas and materials presented here, including the College of Engineering and San Jose State's other programs.
- San Jose State University
- Department of Aviation and Technology
- Epsilon Pi Tau
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Chart
- Manufacturing Processes: The Old Way I
- Manufacturing Processes: Definitions from Job Shop
- Jobs (Manufacturing Engineering Jobs)
- Jobs (Manufacturing/QA/Biotech Jobs)
- Jobs (All Jobs Including Manufacturing Jobs)
- Lab Safety
- San Jose State University's Career Center
- Potential Employers for Manufacturing Interns
- California's Community Colleges
- Consulting Information
- Product Cost Estimation Sheet
- Community Outreach
Books By Professor Obi
- Introduction to Manufacturing Systems
- A Handbook of Productive Industrial Ethics
- Readings for Amerigerian Igbo
- A Table Prepared Before Me