Sociology 001 Introduction to Sociology
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30-11:45
This course is designed to introduce students to the basic concepts, theories, and methods of sociology. My intention is to give you a broad overview of sociology so that you may then make an informed choice about further study in this discipline. Together we will critically examine the applicability of sociology to everyday life. We will assess the usefulness of a sociological perspective, and the depth of sociological method.
- The Sociological Imagination - C. W. Mills [DOC]
- Instructions and Questions for: “The Sociological Imagination” [DOC]
- Instructions and Questions for: "My Intellectual Journey" Mary Romero [DOC]
- Instructions and Questions for: "Shopping as Symbolic Interaction" Christine Williams [DOC]
- Instructions and Questions for, "Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia" by McLorg & Taub [DOC]