Vanniarajan, Swathi M
Dept Chair, Linguistics & Language Dev
Preferred: (408) 924-3742
Alternate: (408) 924-3742
E-mail me to make an appointment
- Doctor of Philosophy, Univ Of Cal-Los Angeles, 1992
- Master of Arts, Linguistics, Ottawa Univ, Ontario, Canada, 1987
- Master of Letters, Linguistics, Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages, Andhra Pradesh, India, 1982
Licenses and Certificates
- Teaching Certificate, Andhra Pradesh, India, 1981
- Diploma in German, Tamil Nadu, India, 1980
- Post-graduate (Post M.A) certificate in the teaching of English, Andhra Pradesh, India, 1980
- Mittelstufe in German, Tamil Nadu, India, 1978
Dr. Swathi Vanniarajan, Professor of Psycholinguistics was born in India and had his education in India, Canada and the USA. He has taught applied linguistics in India, Canada, Singapore, and the USA. He specializes in language acquisition and language testing. He is currently in the process of developing a neurobiological model of language acquisition.
Dr. Vanniarajan teaches graduate classes in second language acquisition and curriculum & assessment in TESOL, undergraduate classes in psycholinguistics and second language development, and service courses in writing for the department. He was the co-ordinator of the MA TESOL program from 1997 to 2007. He prefers to guide students in the areas of second language acquisition, psycholinguistics, issues related to heritage language and culture maintenance, and language assessment for their theses.
Dr. Vanniarajan has a passion for reading about as well as working on issues related to human brain and human memory and their roles in language processing.