Police Officer Employment Qualifications
The minimum requirements at the time of application are:
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Graduation from U.S. high school, or equivalent. College degree is preferred.
- No felony convictions. A fingerprint and criminal history check will be performed.
- A thorough background investigation, in compliance with California P.O.S.T. standards, to ensure good moral character.
- Medical and psychological suitability examinations, in compliance with P.O.S.T. standards.
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record.
Applicants must have high ethical standards, integrity, morals, leadership skills and be service oriented. This career demands mature, responsible individuals who are willing to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.