Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention Program
The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Program at SJSU is a multi-departmental and community collaboration that strives to prevent alcohol and drug abuse among SJSU students in order to support their academic and career success.
The Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention committee includes SJSU students and representatives from:
- Counseling Services
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- University Housing Services (UHS)
- Spartan Shops
- Student Conduct & Ethical Development
- Student Health Center
The committee provides direction to campus services, assists with policy writing and strives to provide coordinated services to prevent alcohol abuse among students. Each representative is part of a campus department that provides alcohol prevention services to the campus community.
In addition, the committee itself operates several programs, initiatives and activities. UPD is instrumental in facilitating several of these events, which include:
- Education for new students about campus alcohol policies
- Revision of campus alcohol policies
- Support for members to attend alcohol related conferences
For additional information, see Drug & Alcohol Use Policy.