Livescan Fingerprinting Program
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Calif. Dept of Justice: $32
- FBI: $17
- Child Abuse Index Check: $15
- Firearms Check: $38
- Rolling Fee: $20
- See below on left hand side for example of fees
The University Police Department is pleased to offer LiveScan fingerprinting to the public as well as the SJSU community.
The University Police Department (UPD) is located at 377 S. 7th Street which is on the corner of S. 7th Street and E. San Salvador Street in downtown San Jose.
20 minute parking is available on the street in front of the UPD Building and inside the South Parking Garage located next to the UPD Building (use far left lane when entering garage). Ask for parking instructions when checking in at the UPD lobby. Please note unauthorized vehicles parked over 20 minutes may be cited.
You may make an appointment by calling the UPD Records Office at 408-924-2172. LiveScan services are available from 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Walks-ins are welcome on a first come first served basis. Scheduled appointments are given first priority and then walk-ins if time permits.
LiveScan Services may be closed for Federal/State holidays. Please call ahead before walking-in.
Hours of Operations
8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
At the time of your Livescan you must present the following:
- 2 completed copies of “Request for LiveScan Service” application
- ORI number must be filled in.
- Level of Service must be checked.
- 1 valid government identification with photo
- Valid Driver's License (Any state)
- Valid DMV issued Identification Card
- Valid Military Identification Card
- Valid Resident Alien Card
- Valid Immigration Card
- Valid US Passport
We charge a $20.00 rolling fee. This fee is in addition to any other agency processing fees associated with your LiveScan service.
- Rolling Fees and Agency Processing Fees must be paid by cash or money order only.
- We do not accept checks, credit cards or bills larger than $20.
- Money orders must be made out to San José State University Police Department or SJSU PD
Agency Processing Fees
Each governmental agency such as the FBI or California Department of Justice that processes your LiveScan fingerprints charges a fee based on the service that they provide. These agency processing fees can range from $17 to $110. These fees are in addition to UPD Rolling Fee of $20. The combination of these fees is due at the time your LiveScan service is provided.
There may be an exception for your Agency Processing Fees. If your LiveScan Application has a billing number in the "Agency Billing Number" line (a six digit number beginning with "1") then the agency or company requesting your LiveScan will be billed directly by that agency for the Agency Processing Fees and you will only be responsible for the UPD Rolling Fee ($20).
Example of Fees (Fees are subject to change without notice)
|Calif. DOJ Fee||$32|
|Calif. DOJ Fee||$32|
|Calif. DOJ Fee||$0|