Livescan Fingerprinting Program
Drop-in and Appointment
Monday & Wednesday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed on state and national holidays
For questions or to make an appointment call
- Located at SJSU-PD
- 377 S. 7th Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (at the corner of San Salvador St.)
- 20 minute parking available in the garage
The University Police Department (UPD) has been providing Live Scan services to students, staff and various businesses and institutions in our community since the early 2000’s. We process over 2000 live scans annually.
Walk-ins welcome however, scheduled appointments are processed first.
Live Scan technology allows digitally scanned fingerprints and related information to be submitted electronically to the Department of Justice. For more information about Live Scan go to the California Department of Justice website:
What to bring:
- Government issued photo identification, such as a current driver's license, passport, military ID, etc. (paper copies, student ID or temporary licenses are not accepted)
- Two copies of your completed Request for Live Scan Service form (BCII 8016 form). We do not provide Live Scan forms. You must obtain this form from your employer. We cannot complete your Live Scan without your employer's ORI number and information.
- Bring cash or money order (SJSUPD) for the required fee to be paid at the Parking Services window.
Fee Schedule for Live Scan Services:
UPD processing fee - $20
DOJ fees range from $0 to $42 depending on requesting agency
FBI fees range from $0 to $17 depending on requesting agency
Firearms fees range from $19 to $38 depending on requesting agency
If you have questions about the level of service required, please contact us at 408-924-2172
Accepted Forms of Payment:
Cash or Money Order (made payable to SJSUPD) Only