John Gilbert Scholarship for International Studies
Amanda Adams, 2015
Gabrielle Straughn, 2015
Jessica Andrews, 2015
- Enter Amount
$1,000 to $7,000 awarded annually
The John Gilbert Scholarship is made possible through the generosity of a fund set up by the family and friends of John Gilbert. The John Gilbert Scholarship is exclusively for students who participate in an SJSU-approved study abroad program. Applicants for the John Gilbert Scholarship for International Studies must be Political Science majors in a study abroad program with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Applicants must be full-time Political Science majors taking a minimum of 12 units at the time of application, or full-time students when enrolled in the international study program. Applicants must have applied, or been accepted to, an approved international study program.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Students should first consult with the Gilbert Scholarship Advisor, Professor Karthika Sasikumar (Clark Hall 402F), for advice about the application process.
2. Students should attend an SJSU Study Abroad informational meeting or individual counseling session with an SJSU study abroad advisor.
3. Students should prepare and submit an application to recognized international study program through the SJSU Study Abroad office. That application, or proof of admission, should be attached here.
4. Applicants must submit a 500-word statement on the relevance of study abroad to the achievement of their educational and professional goals, including a tentative budget for the overseas stay. In this statement the applicant should identify the particular program or programs for which he or she is applying.
5. Applicants should have their complete application signed by the Political Science Department Gilbert Scholarship Advisor, Professor Karthika Sasikumar, prior to final submission. A scanned copy of the application with her signature may be emailed to the internships director in lieu of personal submission.
This scholarship uses the Online Common Application.