African American Faculty and Staff Association
Chair: Dr. Oscar Battle, Jr. email: email@example.com
The mission of AAFSA is to form coalitions throughout campus and the San José community to identify issues of concern to the SJSU African American community and to unify efforts to address those issues. Formed in 1974, AAFSA's goals and objectives are
- to promote African American faculty, staff and student success;
- to expand and share knowledge of African American contributions to society;.
- to promote support for Africentric principles and theories as an integral part of critical thinking in higher education;
- to develop a progressive agenda to guide future plans to better meet the needs of its members;
- to be proactive in addressing issues of concern to African Americans at San José State University;
- to serve as a resource for African Americans at San José State University; and
- to provide opportunities for frequent interactions among African Americans at SJSU through regular monthly meetings, seminars, workshops, forums, conventions, etc.