March 1, 1982
To: Deans, Directors, Department Heads,
From: President Gail Fullerton
Subject: Official Seal
Attached are copies of the recently revised Official Seal of the University and several informal seals and a logo.
The following indicates use of these seals by campus de-partments and by Auxiliary Enterprises and other related groups.
- The informal logo and the seal, No. 1 and No. 2, are for use on informal documents, publications and for those activities which tend to represent, informally, San José State University. These can, upon request, be used in commercial enterprises.
- The 125th Anniversary Seal (No. 3) is for use during 1982. It is available, for a small charge to cover costs of reprographics, in the Office of Community Relations.
- The Official Seal (No. 4) is for use only on official University documents. Permission for its use must be requested from the Office of the President in written form. It may not be used in connection with any commercial enterprises.
- These seals (5 and 6) have been used in a variety of publications and on a variety of other consumer items in association with the name San José State University. These seals may no longer be used and their use with the name of the University is expressly forbidden.
- The name San José State University may not be used in any commercial venture without permission of the University.
Questions on the use of these seals, the SJSU logo and the name of the University may be addressed to Craig Kochersberger, Graphics Coordinator, Office of Community Relations, TH 108 (73838).