November 10, 1983
To: Deans and Administrative Heads
From: President Gail Fullerton
Subject: Procedure for Granting Released Time (with or without Representation) Units 2, 5, 7, 9, (CSEA)
Current collective bargaining contracts state that Union business shall not interfere with campus programs or operations. Union business involving employees shall be conducted during non ?- worktime except as indicated in the procedures below.
In order to expedite the process of granting authorized released time to employees, requests will be handled as follows:
- The request must be made to the Personnel Office prior to the
requested released time. It should include the following
- the contract section(s) under which the request for released time is made.
- the name of the represented employee and the name of his/ her supervisor.
- the name of the representative, if any, and the name of his/her supervisor.
- a requested date and time, and approximate amount of released time requested.
- the name of the administrator with whom the meeting is requested, if the purpose of the released time is to meet with a university representative.
- After consultation with appropriate supervisors and manage ment, the Personnel Office will notify all concerned parties of the time set for the exercise of representation rights as set forth in the various collective bargaining agreements.
All CSEA Union Stewards