How to Report Your Concerns
Here are ways you can make SJSU officials aware of your concerns should you witness or become the victim of a hate crime.
- The University Police Department responds to crimes in progress. Call 408-924-2222 from your cell phone or 911 from a campus phone.
- TipNow allows you to send an anonymous tip to UPD via text or email to 408-337-2919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development investigates violations of the Student Conduct Code.
- SJSU Counseling Services serves students at no cost. The Employee Assistance Program serves faculty and staff members at no cost.
- Spartans for Safety offers guidance on becoming an empowered bystander and integrates information on all of SJSU’s violence prevention programs.
For Housing Residents
- Resident advisers (RAs) share rotating duty every week night from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. the following morning and 24 hours a day on weekends and holidays.
- Residential life coordinators and assistant residential life coordinators are available during business hours Monday through Friday and share on-call duties 24-7.
For the Faculty
- Spartan Connect is an online referral service for faculty members with concerns about a specific student.
- Please be assured you are not committing a privacy violation when you share your concerns about a student’s welfare with other university personnel.