How to Report Your Concerns

Here are ways you can make SJSU officials aware of your concerns should you witness or become the victim of a hate crime.

For Everyone

  1. The University Police Department responds to crimes in progress. Call 408-924-2222 from your cell phone or 911 from a campus phone.
  2. TipNow allows you to send an anonymous tip to UPD via text or email to 408-337-2919 or
  3. The Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development investigates violations of the Student Conduct Code.
  4. SJSU Counseling Services serves students at no cost. The Employee Assistance Program serves faculty and staff members at no cost.
  5. Spartans for Safety offers guidance on becoming an empowered bystander and integrates information on all of SJSU’s violence prevention programs.

For Housing Residents

  1. Resident advisers (RAs) share rotating duty every week night from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. the following morning and 24 hours a day on weekends and holidays.
  2. Residential life coordinators and assistant residential life coordinators are available during business hours Monday through Friday and share on-call duties 24-7.

For the Faculty

  1. Spartan Connect is an online referral service for faculty members with concerns about a specific student.
  2. Please be assured you are not committing a privacy violation when you share your concerns about a student’s welfare with other university personnel.