10th Annual Rainbow Graduation Ceremony
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Time: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Student Union, Room 1 (Upper Level)
Everyone is welcome to join the celebration!
What is Rainbow Graduation?
- Something you would invite your family, chosen family, close friends and/or those most important to you
- An opportunity to honor YOU
- Your formal induction into the ranks of SJSU LGBTQ+ Alum
- Although many people do get dressed up for the event, it tends to be a queer little get together, with all the uniqueness of our community, so be yourself ;-)
- Something that has GREAT food
- Something you’d ask a favorite professor, staff member or those who have made a great positive impact on your experience at SJSU to attend
- Lots of fun
- The event where you get a Rainbow Tassel (Woo Hoo!)
How Do I participate? Am I eligible?
- If you are a graduating senior or graduate student in Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018 or Fall 2018, you are eligible to participate in this year's celebration.
- All students will be given at least two minutes to speak if they so wish to take time to thank family members, partner(s), friends, talk about their struggles and triumphs in school and/or give advise to those following, etc.
- We're also looking for student speakers (formal speech from 5 to 10 minutes). You can apply to be an official student speaker on the registration form.
- Please fill out our Registration form by Friday, May 11th.
- The graduates would love for you to attend, everyone is welcome!
- Staring this year we are asking that attendees to please RSVP.
- Please fill out our RSVP form by Friday, May 11th.
Register or RSVP at http://bit.ly/2018SJSURainbowGrad by Friday, May 11th.