9th Annual Rainbow Graduation Ceremony
Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Student Union, Room 1 (Upper Level)
Everyone is welcome to join the celebration!
Are you a graduating senior Spring 2017 or Fall 2017?
Congratulations! Then you are eligible to participate in this years celebration!
To register for the Graduation please follow the link to fill out the registration form by Friday, May 5th, 2017
What Rainbow Graduation Is:
- Something you would invite your family, chosen family, close friends and/or those most important to you
- An opportunity to honor YOU
- Your formal induction into the ranks of SJSU LGBTQ+ Alumni
- Although many people do get dressed up for the event, it tends to be a queer little get together, with all the uniqueness of our community, so be yourself ;-)
- Something that has GREAT food
- Something you’d ask a favorite professor, staff member or those who have made a great positive impact on your experience at SJSU to attend
- The last formal program of the year from the PRIDE Center
- Lots of fun
- The event where you get a Rainbow Tassel (Woo Hoo!)
What Rainbow Graduation Is Not:
- An actual graduation (it is a celebration, you don’t get a diploma or anything, but a nifty colorful certificate)
- A substitute for attending your actual graduation
- Something you would want to miss
All students will be given at least two minutes to talk if they so wish to take time to thanks family members, partner(s), talk about their struggles and triumphs in school and/or give advise to those following, etc.
When you register you will be asked it you would like to apply to speak at graduation, please note this is for a formal speech (5 to 10 min).