SOTES and SOLATES
This semester the SOTE/SOLATE teaching evaluation will be completed online. They must be administered in all classes between Tuesday, April 29 and Tuesday, May 13.
To encourage students to complete their evaluation, we encourage faculty to inform them about the information below:
1. Links to course evaluations will be activated in students’ MySJSU accounts during Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - Tuesday, May 13, 2014.
2. Grade Access:
- Students who complete ALL evaluations (for all courses) may access grades Wednesday, May 28, 2014.
- Students who DO NOT complete ALL evaluations (for all courses) get access on Wednesday, June 18, 2014.
3. SJSU uses SOTE/SOLATEs for personnel matters and to improve teaching.
4. Computers are available in the King Library, Clark Hall, and various departments.
Faculty who wish to provide class time for SOTE/SOLATE administration may do so in accordance with the policy’s rules (F12-6, H4, a-c):
1. Students must be informed that they may complete the SOTE outside of class if they prefer, or if they do not have an appropriate electronic instrument with them in class.
2. If faculty provide class time, it must be at least a 15 minute block.
3. The faculty member must not be present while the survey is being completed.
For more information about the Teaching Effectiveness policy (F12-6) and online evaluation process, click here. Please contact IEA if you have any questions.
Finally, please take a few occasions during the SOTE/SOLATE collection window to emphasize how important it is for all students to participate in the evaluation process. Faculty involvement is critical for attaining an adequate response rate.