Donations Making a Difference
Through generous gifts, endowments and grants, the Department of Psychology is proud to award 6 Scholarships (read below) to our students each year. These awards recognize our students' academic excellence, research creativity, service, and educational resilience.
We are dedicated to growing these financial awards in both size and number. Your support toward that goal is greatly appreciated by our faculty, staff, and, especially, our remarkable students. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about our giving opportunities or if you would like to discuss establishing a new scholarship fund.
Dr. Ron Rogers
Chair of Psychology
How can you contribute to our students' success?
- Navigate to the "Give to SJSU" page
- Enter your donation amount
- Skip the first section, "areas of giving"
- Go to "Other Purpose" and enter a a fund name (description below)
- Complete the remainder of the form
- Click the "Make a Gift" button!
Current Gift Opportunities
Research and Scholarship
- James and Becky McGaugh Research Award. An annual award to a student whose research involves advancing society's understanding of learning, memory, and/or biopsychology.
- Robert and Marlee Hicks Scholarship. An annual award to a student whose research involves advancing society's understanding of motivation.
Academic Excellence and Career Advancement
- Frank D. Payne Memorial Scholarship. Two $500 annual scholarships to exceptional students with plans to pursue careers in psychological research.
- Ronald G. Rabedeau Memorial Scholarship. This annual $1,000 award is to encourage and support students studying in the areas of Neuroscience, Psychobiology, Experimental Psychology, Statistics, Learning, Motivation, or combinations thereof.
- Charles W. Telford Memorial Scholarship. In memory of the first Chairman of our Department. An annual $250 scholarship to academically exceptional students in Psychology.
- John and Vivian MaCrae Scholarship for Exceptional Educational Resilience. An annual scholarship recognizing educational success in spite of great personal challenges.
- Student Travel Awards. Ten travel scholarships of $500 each for students who are first-author presenters of papers at professional association meetings (e.g., WPA).