Bay Area Memory Meeting (BAMM) 2019
Friday, August 16th, 2019
- Organizer: SJSU Psychology
- Contacts: Valerie Carr (email@example.com) and Crystal Fausett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Location: SJSU Student Union, 211 S 9th St, San Jose, CA 95112
- Time: 8am-5pm, with optional social event afterwards
- Abstract submission deadline: Extended until July 31st (end of day)
- Tentative schedule
We are pleased to announce the 15th annual Bay Area Memory Meeting (BAMM), to be held at San Jose State University on August 16th. BAMM is an annual meeting that brings together investigators studying memory and cognitive control from the peninsula (Stanford, UCSC, SJSU, CSU East Bay, and Santa Clara University), city (UCSF and USF), east bay (UC Berkeley and Martinez VA), valley (UC Davis), and beyond (UCSB and UCLA).
The objectives of BAMM are to:
- Foster communication and an exchange of ideas between scientists in the Bay Area who study memory and cognitive control, and
- Provide a forum in which students and postdocs can present their research and build relationships with faculty and peers beyond their local institution.
As in prior years, BAMM is expected to include approximately 35 presentations from 15+ Bay Area labs (for a listing of previous meetings see http://memorygroup.ucdavis.edu/bamm.html). All sessions are intended to provide an engaging environment in which students and postdocs can present their work. The content of the presentations is flexible, and can cover any studies relevant to the function and organization of learning, memory, and neural plasticity.
Registration and abstract submission are now open -- please click the relevant links below. The registration fee is $40 and can be paid via credit card. The fee will be used to cover parking, catering, and room and equipment rental. Note that parking instructions, including a permit, will be sent closer to the event. For abstract submission, presenters can indicate a preference for a talk (15 min) or poster. Trainees will be given priority for talks, given that we would like to use this opportunity to provide them experience speaking in front of experts in the field. Abstracts will be accepted until July 16th. Note: the abstract deadline has been extended until July 31st.