- SPARC Program Schedule (TBA)
- SJSU Maps & Directions
The 2018 SPARC will be held in the Student Union - Ballroom B (2nd floor of the Diaz Compean Student Union)
- PC and LCD projector with Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Media Player will be available for presenter use.
- Please save powerpoint presentations in a format that can be used by PCs.
Oral Presentations: Conference Preparation and Attendance
- Please check the posted SPARC program for the time of your talk.
- At least 1 day prior to the conference, email any powerpoint or other presentation
files to Dr. CJ Duh (email@example.com).
- Please save your powerpoint presentation in a format that can be used by PCs. Consider saving a backup copy of your presentation in a PDF file to avoid graphic and formatting losses.
- Bring a copy of your presentation on a flashdrive to the conference as a backup file.
- At least 30 minutes prior to your talk, please check in at the Psi Chi table outside of the conference room and pick up a name tag.
- Each oral presentation will be 12 - 15 minutes long followed by a 5-minute question
and answer period.
- Timers at the front of the audience will signal speakers about the time remaining (e.g., "3 minutes left" and "Wrap Up”)
- The schedule is full, so if you arrive late to for your time slot, we may have to cancel your talk.
Poster Presentations: Conference Preparation and Attendance
- Please check the posted SPARC program for the time of the poster session.
- "New format for 2018": Posters will be mounted on 4' (1.2 m) wide and 3' (0.9 m) high poster boards or similar
- Table-top or self-standing poster boards cannot be accommodated.
- Adhesives (tapes and sticky tacks) will be provided.
- Prepare a few copies of your poster or a sign-up sheet for viewers interested in getting a copy of your research is recommended.
- Prior to the poster session, please check in at the Psi Chi table outside of the conference room and pick up a name tag.
- Please wait until the conclusion of the oral presentations before hanging your materials (i.e., do not post materials during an oral presentation).
- Authors should be present during the entire poster session (~1 hour).
- While most years it has been about 1 hour, please note that the 2018 SPARC poster session will be 90 minutes long to allow visitors sufficient time to browse the large number of poster presentations.
- Authors may elect to leave posters up until the end of the conference (after the Keynote Address) or take them down at the conclusion of the poster session.