Applying to the Experimental Program
To be eligible, you must...
- Meet the University Graduate Studies admissions requirements.
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree and a minimum of 30 semester units in psychology.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) of all college and/or university coursework.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all college and/or university psychology courses.
As of October 1, 2018, all application materials will be submitted through Cal State Apply. We are no longer accepting paper applications.
Applications for the MA program are accepted between October 1 and February 1 of each year for fall admissions only.
Deadline: All application materials must be completed and submitted by the February 1 deadline to be considered for our program.
There are two basic parts to the application process.
- Applying to SJSU graduate studies. First, you will provide information that will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluation (GAPE) for general graduate studies eligibility at SJSU. Information for this part of the process can be found at the Graduate Admissions website and in their Steps to Graduate Admission guide (pdf).
- Applying to the MA Psychology program. Second, you will provide information that will be evaluated by the the MA faculty for admissions into the MA in Research and Experimental Psychology program. These materials will also be submitted through your Cal State Apply application.
- Download the MA Psychology Application Instructions for guidance on what types of information and documents to gather for your application.
Contact Dr. Clifton Oyamot, email@example.com