Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising.
Complete, print, and bring forms.
Your unofficial SJSU and transfer transcripts
- PRINT (as appropriate):
- Change of Major form [completed]
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare]
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Progress Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
Other forms and policies
- PSYC advising & major forms
- SJSU student forms
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
SPRING 2017 ADVISING
January 26 - May 16
No advising: SPRING BREAK March 27-31
Psychology has returned to DMH
- Tue 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Thu 3:00 - 6:00 PM
Dr. Megumi Hosoda
- Wed 10:00 - 4:00 PM
- Mon 1:00 - 5:00 PM
- Wed 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Tue 12:00 - 3:00
- Thur 12:00-3:00
- not advising on Jan 24, 26, Feb 9, 16, March 14, 16, April 27, May 16
SUMMER 2017 ADVISING
(June 5 - July 5)
- Mon - Fri 2:00 - 3:00 PM
If needed, Psychology Advisors can schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter schedules can be quite variable.
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the above advisors when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising: http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.