Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising. Complete, print, and bring forms.
Your unofficial SJSU and transfer transcripts
- PRINT (as appropriate):
- Change of Major form [completed]
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare]
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Advising Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
Other forms and policies
- PSYC advising & major forms
- SJSU student forms
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
ADVISOR SCHEDULE (SUMMER 2016)
June 6 - August 10
Monday 12:30 - 2:30 [Not June 20, July 4]
Tuesday 12:30 - 2:30
Wednesday 12:30 - 2:30 [Not July 20]
ADVISORS FALL 2016
August 22 - December 12
No advising: 9/5, 11/11, 11/24, 11/25
Many Psychology Advisors will schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter schedules availability can be quite variable (Dr. Van Selst will be advising through these times).
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the above advisors when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising: http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.