Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising.
Complete, print, and bring forms.
- SJSU student forms
- Change of Major form [completed] + required attachment
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
- PSYC advising & major forms
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare] (Fillable .pdf available)
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Progress Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
http://www.sjsu.edu/psych/Forms-Docs/Policies/Declaring_a_Major_Under_Impaction-Revised-2011.pdf (updated to 2.75 gpa needed from the start of SPRING 2019; specific courses + gpa are likely to be required in FALL 2019)
Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
SUMMER 2018 Advising
FIRST SESSION: June 4 - July 7
Dr. Megumi Hosoda
- Tue/Thur 3-5 PM
SECOND SESSION: July 9 - Aug 7 2018
- Mon/Wed 1-3 PM (not be available Aug 8)
Summer Transfer Orientation Sessions (2:30 on Fridays as part of University Orientation):
FALL 2018 ADVISING
Aug 21 - Dec 10, 2018
No Advising: Nov 21-23 (Thanksgiving)
Dr. Megumi Hosoda
If needed, Psychology Advisors can schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter availabilty can be limited.
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the currently active advisor(s) when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising (esp. re: GE): http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.