Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising.
Complete, print, and bring forms.
Your unofficial SJSU and transfer transcripts
- PRINT (as appropriate):
- Change of Major form [completed]
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare]
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Progress Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
Other forms and policies
- PSYC advising & major forms
- SJSU student forms
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
WINTER 2017 ADVISING (Fall 2016 availability has ended)
January 3 - January 20, 2017
SSC 505 to Jan 15, DMH 314 after Jan 15 (approximate dates)
Mon-Fri 1:00 - 3:00 PM (not Jan 16 - MLK day)
SPRING 2017 ADVISING (Return to DMH)
January 26 - May 16
No advising: SPRING BREAK March 27-31
Psychology has returned to DMH
- Tue 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Thu 3:00 - 6:00 PM
Dr. Megumi Hosoda (Starts Jan 26)
- Wed 10:00 - 4:00 PM
- Mon 1:00 - 5:00 PM
- Wed 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Tue 12:00 - 3:00
- Thur 12:00-3:00
- no advising Jan 24, 25 (travel), March 13-15 (senate/travel), May 16 (travel)
SUMMER 2017 ADVISING
(June 5 - July 5)
- Mon - Fri 2:00 - 3:00 PM
If needed, Psychology Advisors can schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter schedules can be quite variable.
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the above advisors when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising: http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.