Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
Drop-In Undergraduate Advising - Spring 2016
Jan 28 - May 16, 2016
(no advising March 28- April 1)
Please come prepared for advising. Complete, print, and bring forms.
Your unofficial SJSU and transfer transcripts
- PRINT (as appropriate):
- Change of Major form [completed]
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare]
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Advising Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
Other forms and policies
- PSYC advising & major forms
- SJSU student forms
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
Dr. Arlene Asunscion
- Tuesday 10:30-1:15pm
- Thursday 10:30-1:15pm
- Tuesday 12:00-1:00pm
- Tuesday 4:30-6:30pm
- Thurs. 4:30-7:30pm
- Monday 12:00-4:00pm
- Wednesday 1:15-3:15pm
- Monday 12:30 - 2:00 (not Feb 15, Mar 28, Apr 1, May 2)
- Tuesday 1:30 - 4:30 (not Mar 1, Mar 7, Mar 29, May 3)
- Wednesday 3:00 - 4:30 (not Mar 2, Mar 30, May 4)
Many Psychology Advisors will schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter schedules availability can be quite variable.
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the above advisors when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.