Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising.
Complete, print, and bring forms.
Your unofficial SJSU and transfer transcripts
- PRINT (as appropriate):
- Change of Major form [completed]
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare]
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Advising Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
Other forms and policies
- PSYC advising & major forms
- SJSU student forms
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
ADVISOR SCHEDULE (SUMMER 2016)
June 6 - August 10
Please note: Psyc. Advising has been moved to Student Services Center
Student Services Center (10th/San Fernando)
Monday 12:30 - 2:30
Tuesday 12:30 - 2:30
Wednesday 12:30 - 2:30
ADVISORS SCHEDULE (FALL 2016)
August 24 - December 12
No advising: 9/5, 11/11, 11/23, 11/24, 11/25
Student Services Center (10th/San Ferndando)
- TENTATIVE: MON 11:00 - 2:00
- TENTATIVE: WED 11:00 - 2:00
- TUE 1:00 - 4:00
- THU 1:00 - 4:00
- MON 12:00 - 2:00
- TUE 4:00 - 6:00
- note: after 4:45 use San Fernando "Peer Connections" side entrance to SSC)
- not Sept 13, Nov 1
- WED 12:30 - 2:30
- not Sept 14, 21, Nov 2
If needed, Psychology Advisors can schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter schedules availability can be quite variable (Dr. Van Selst will be advising through these times).
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the above advisors when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising: http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.