Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising.
Complete, print, and bring forms.
- SJSU student forms
- Change of Major form [completed] + required attachment
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
- PSYC advising & major forms
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare] (Fillable .pdf available)
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Progress Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
SPRING 2018 ADVISING
Jan 24-May 14, 2018 (email through May 23)
No Advising: March 26-30 (spring break)
- Monday and Wednesday 10:20 - 1:20
- Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 to 6:00
- advising ends 4:30PM Thursday March 22
Dr. Megumi Hosoda
- Monday and Wednesday 1:20 - 4:20
- Mondays 4:00 - 6:00 PM or by appointment
- Starts at 5:30 (to 7:30) April 9, 30, May 14
- Tuesday 12:00 - 3:00 PM or by appointment
- no advising May 8
- Thursday 1:30 - 3:00 PM or by appointment
- no advising March 22, May 10
If needed, Psychology Advisors can schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter availabilty can be limited.
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the currently active advisor(s) when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising (esp. re: GE): http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.