Drop-In Undergraduate Advising
Please come PREPARED for advising.
Complete, print, and bring forms.
Your unofficial SJSU and transfer transcripts
- PRINT (as appropriate):
- Change of Major form [completed] + required attachments
- BA Major or BS Major form [completed + spare] (Fillable .pdf available online)
- 2 or 4 year planner [the back page has a semester by semester planner]
- Unofficial transcripts (SJSU / transfer)
- MySJSU -> MyAcademics -> Progress Report [tells you what computer thinks you are missing]
- Application for Graduation form [completed]
Other forms and policies
- PSYC advising & major forms
- SJSU student forms
- Declaring Psychology under Impaction:
Each graduate program has one faculty member designated as the program coordinator who is also the official program advisor. Graduate students who are writing a thesis also choose a thesis advisor from among the faculty.
FALL 2017 ADVISING
AUG 23 - DEC 11
Holidays: Sept 4, Nov 22-24,
- Tuesday and Thursday 10:30 - 11:30, and 3:00 to 4:30.
- (OCTOBER onwards T/Th advising will start at 10:00)
Dr. Megumi Hosoda
- Monday and Wednesday 10:30 - 2:00
- (OCTOBER onwards MW advising will start at 11:00)
- Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 - 12:00 and 4:30 - 5:30
- Mondays and Wednesdays 2:00 - 5:00 PM or by appointment
- Starts Late (runs 5:30-7:00 PM) sept 18, Oct 9, Oct 23, Nov 20, Dec 11
- Not available: Sept 11, 13, Oct 11, Nov 1
- ADDED: Oct 10 (Tues) 12-3:00; Dec 12 (Tues) 12-3:00
If needed, Psychology Advisors can schedule advising appointments outside of their posted hours, please contact them directly. Be aware that summer and winter availabilty can be limited.
Students can meet with any faculty member for general advising, but should meet with the currently active advisor(s) when a signature is needed and/or for special circumstances.
The ACCESS Center also has General Advising (esp. re: GE): http://www.sjsu.edu/access/
If you choose to email multiple advisors the same question, please CC each so that we know if you've been responded to.