This research experience is not only required by the department as part of the Psychology
1 curriculum, but if you participate willingly, you will learn a great deal about
how psychology works. Who knows, you may like what you see and become a psychology
- You have a total of 4 hours to complete. 3.5 hours still earns you an incomplete.
- You can participate in each experiment only once.
- If you cannot show up at your appointment, you must inform your 24-hours in advance
- Write down the time, day, room number, experiment number, researcher name, and researcher
contact info when you sign up.
- Show up on time. Be respectful to the researchers. Follow their directions and guidelines.
- Do not ask to do the Alternative Assignment after the deadline to complete your hours.
- Do not wait until the last couple of weeks to complete this assignment!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I do a combination of Research Studies and Alternative Assignments?
Q: Are all the studies held campus?
A: It depends on the study. Most will be on campus, but we do have studies off campus
from time to time. Online studies are also available.
Q: How long are the studies?
A: The credit hours will be listed on the studies page. The research study credit
hours are in 30 minute increments. Hence, there are studies that give you 30 mins,
1 hour, 1.5 hours, etc. Studies typically last 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Q: What kinds of studies are available?
A: The research pool is open to all professors and students conducting psychological
research. Thus, experiments represent various fields in psychology from social attitudes
to human factors
Q: Where do I turn in my Alternative Assignment?
A: Alternative Assignments should only be submitted to your instructor, DO NOT submit
your assignment to the department office, they will not be accepted.